    sure VBScript is installed, turn off script blocking in anti-virus and
    personal firewall software, re-register VBScript

    So now I am stuck and don't know what to do please HELP!!!!

    Guest, Apr 25, 2007

    Chad Harris Guest

    Hi Jonny--

    That's not an uncommon error. Apple has a page on it here so you might try
    the regedit described:

    iTunes and QuickTime for Windows XP cannot be installed without Visual Basic
    Script (VBScript

    One tip though that could help, is that when you dock the IPod to the box,
    switch the Ipod to Manual and Disk mode, and then switch the drive letter of
    the Ipod or Nano to one away from C-I. This helps some people with Vista
    or XP when they can't get the Ipod recognized at Computer or My Computer or
    Disk Management.

    The reason for this is Drives C-I are reserved to recognized devices, and
    sometimes an external drive with its own power supply--an Ipod or even the
    Nano which is a battery powered flash drive that will be seen as a USB
    device .

    I think if you're avoiding Vista to use an Ipod, there is no reason
    whatsoever or avoiding an Ipod to use Vista whichever. They work great for
    me together. Vista has it's problems, but ipod isn't one of them I
    consider.

    Additionally:

    There was a recent update to enable better compatibility with iPod from
    Microsoft, maybe it will make a difference with iTunes compatibility:
    x86:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...07-ebc8-4b67-a597-80349631c395&DisplayLang=en

    x64:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...73-f2d5-4c19-9df2-a090130fd009&DisplayLang=en

    Install this update to resolve an issue where an Apple iPod may be corrupted
    by using the Safely Remove Hardware feature on a system running Windows
    Vista.

    Good luck,

    CH

    Chad Harris, Apr 26, 2007