help me please i have been doing this for almost 3 hours now and i am soo frustrated

Reaction score
Ok i am looking for article 871122 in the microsoft knowledge base to help me with my wireless connection i have been trying to get my dell comp to connect with my dell wireless router, DELL tried charging me 59.00 to diagnose the problem, and i almost lost my mind, so please, all i want to do is get on fb and talk to my friend over in afganastan...please help me

Reaction score
come on please help me... ok, now i have seriously been doing it about three hours, i am tired and frustrated and i am now going to bed, i guess i will have to bring the comp kid to my house,like i didn't want to so wtf

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Hi Stephanie, welcome to PC Review. Here is a link to the knowledge base article you were seeking.

Hope it helps and you get to speak with your friend in Afghanistan soon. :nod:

Btw, sorry you didn't get a speedy reply, but this is a UK based site, so when you posted, most of us would have still been sleeping. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
help me please i have been doing this for almost 3 hours now and i am soo frustrated

I know the feeling, sometimes I get blisters.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is your router new? If so have you loaded the software for the router onto your Dell?

What happens when you get the Dell to search for wireless networks?

Reaction score
I am getting this message when i am trying to connect my laptop to wireless access point. "Wireless cannot configure this wireless connection. If you have enabled another program to manage this wireless connection, use that software. If you want windows to configure this wireless connection, start the wireless zero configuration (WZC). For more information about starting the WZC service, see article 871122 in the Microsoft Knowledge Base on the microsoft.com website."
-Rahul

I think you have got third party software installed in your laptop to configure the wireless adaptor. Third party software seems to have disabled the Microsoft's Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC) service. You need to re-enable it.

Follow the steps below to enable the WZC on your laptop.

1. Click Start, click Run, type %SystemRoot%\system32\services.msc /s, and then click OK.

2. Double-click Wireless Zero Configuration.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. In the Service status area, click Start, and then click OK.

Some wireless adapters' configuration software deletes the WZC service. If that is the case, you can try this fix by editing registry value

Ask a Question