HELP ME MICROSOFT! Your Office 11 BETA corrupted MAPIR.dll and MAPI32.DLL files

Discussion in 'Microsoft Outlook Installation' started by Greig Kennedy, Nov 7, 2003.

  1. I installed the Office 11 BETA on my system and it has
    expired. I removed it sucessfully and re-installed my
    Office XP package. Now, when starting Outlook I receive
    the following errors:

    This application has failed to start because MAPIR.dll
    was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this
    problem.

    (It doesn't)

    When you click ok on that error. you receive this second
    error:

    Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. MAPI32.DLL is corrupt or
    the wrong version. This could have been caused by
    installing other messaging software. Please reinstall
    Outlook.

    (This doesn't fix it)

    I tried to do a system restore to previous system state
    and 3 of 3 attempts failed with a non-descriptive error:

    Cannot restore system. Try a previous restore point.

    HELP MICROSOFT - YOUR SOFTWARE SCREWED MY SYSTEM AND I
    MUST HAVE ACCESS TO MY EMAIL!!

    Greig Kennedy, Nov 7, 2003

  2. Greig Kennedy

    Roady Guest

    First; Office 11 BETA doesn't expire till November 30.

    Second; check the fileversion in of MAPIR.DLL in C:\Program Files\Common
    Files\System\MSMAPI\<locale ID>

    Third; Note that you installed BETA software. Microsoft recommends against
    using BETA products on production machines and warns for possible loss of
    data and/or system rebuilds. Your "crying for" and "blaming" Microsoft is
    not fair in this situation.
    --
    Roady
    www.sparnaaij.net

    Question of the month: How to manage general contact info.
    www.sparnaaij.net

    -----

    Roady, Nov 10, 2003