    During installation I have all firewalls and anti-viruses deactivated.

    Is there a patch I should download? What is the problem here?

    Thanks in advance

    Guest, Aug 11, 2005

    Jimmy S. Guest

    Hi Martin,

    "Martin" <> wrote in message news:...
    | Hi there, I need help
    |
    | I bought Juiced and cannot install it. During installation I get the error
    | message:
    | "Component: loose_files
    | File: D:/uninstall_icon.exe
    | Error: An internal error has occurred"
    |
    | When opening up explorer and clicking on the above file it says:
    | "not compatible with Win32"
    |
    | During installation I have all firewalls and anti-viruses deactivated.
    |
    | Is there a patch I should download? What is the problem here?
    |
    | Thanks in advance

    That type of error could mean the CD is corrupt... Check the CD
    and the CD Player. Clean both using a Cleaning Kit, and check for
    scratches on the CD. Try installing the game on another computer,
    if the game installs, the culprit is probably your CD ROM drive if it
    doesn't install then it's the CD, in which case you need to replace it.

    Before replacing the CD, try copying it to your hard drive and then
    run the setup / installation program from there. To copy the CD go
    to My Computer, Right-Click the CD, Choose "Copy", then Right-
    Click on your Hard Drive, Choose "Paste".

    Uninstall the game using Add-Remove programs before attempting
    to reinstall it. (Start / Control Panel / Add-Remove Programs).

    Here are three basic troubleshooting steps which I recommend:

    1. To see if it's a software conflict: Temporarily disable Startup
    programs one at a time, starting with Firewall, Antivirus, and ad
    blockers using: http://new.jtsoft2001.com/windows/startup.php

    You can lookup what a program does before you disable it here:
    http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php

    2. Run a virus scan at: http://housecall.antivirus.com Afterwards
    Download & Run Spybot from: http://security.kolla.de and/or
    Adaware (www.lavasoftusa.com) to remove any Spyware/Adware.

    3. Click My Computer / Rightclick the Drive & Choose Properties
    / Run the "Disk Cleanup..." / Next Click the "Tools" Tab and run
    the "Error-Checking" and "Defragmentation" utilities.

    If nothing including those 3 steps have resolved the problem so far,
    here's more basic troubleshooting steps and information including:
    The Safedisc patch
    How to check CD for imperfections, and
    How to Disable Virtual CD rom drives which is described at:
    http://tinyurl.com/2387c (EA General Support Page) and also:

    How to Troubleshoot Disc-Reading Issues
    Error Messages That May Be Caused by Disc-Reading Issues
    Troubleshoot Error Messages
    Examine the Disc
    Clean the Disc
    Test the Disc in a Different Drive
    Clean the Drive
    Test Disc Read with Copy or Xcopy
    Quit Unnecessary Software
    Switch the Drive Controller to DMA Mode, and
    How to Troubleshoot DVD Error Messages is available in this
    MS Article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=321641

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    Jimmy S., Aug 14, 2005

    Hi Jimmy S.,

    The installation worked on another computer. I out of curiosity tried
    burning a CD. It was here that Nero told me that my InCD and burning rom
    needed updating. After downloading the CD Rom updates, the game was installed
    succesfully.

    Thanks for your advice though.

    Martin

    Guest, Aug 15, 2005

    Jimmy S. Guest

    Hi Martin,

    I'm happy to hear that everything worked out for you! :)

    Cheers,
    Jimmy.

    "Martin" <> wrote in message news:...
    | Hi Jimmy S.,
    |
    | The installation worked on another computer. I out of curiosity tried
    | burning a CD. It was here that Nero told me that my InCD and burning rom
    | needed updating. After downloading the CD Rom updates, the game was installed
    | succesfully.
    |
    | Thanks for your advice though.
    |
    | Martin
    |
    | "Jimmy S." wrote:
    |
    | > Hi Martin,
    | >
    | > "Martin" <> wrote in message news:...
    | > | Hi there, I need help
    | > |
    | > | I bought Juiced and cannot install it. During installation I get the error
    | > | message:
    | > | "Component: loose_files
    | > | File: D:/uninstall_icon.exe
    | > | Error: An internal error has occurred"
    | > |
    | > | When opening up explorer and clicking on the above file it says:
    | > | "not compatible with Win32"
    | > |
    | > | During installation I have all firewalls and anti-viruses deactivated.
    | > |
    | > | Is there a patch I should download? What is the problem here?
    | > |
    | > | Thanks in advance
    | > |

    Jimmy S., Aug 15, 2005

    Re: Help Juiced problems

    hi, im very new to this so i dont even now how to start my own topic so
    i have used someones reply sorry.

    i am having problems with the installation of juiced, i can install the
    game and then it loads but an error screen appears, with the send error
    report option, but then it says juiced.exe has encounted a problem and
    has to close i have tried installing it on two different pc's and a
    laptop but still no result, and this is the second game as i have taken
    it back to the shop and got a different one. i am completly confused,
    somebody please help.
    cheers marc.

    Jimmy S. wrote:
> [...]
    > the "Error-Checking" and "Defragmentation" utilities.
    >
    > If nothing including those 3 steps have resolved the problem so far,
    > here's more basic troubleshooting steps and information including:
    > The Safedisc patch
    > How to check CD for imperfections, and
    > How to Disable Virtual CD rom drives which is described at:
    > http://tinyurl.com/2387c (EA General Support Page) and also:
    >
    > How to Troubleshoot Disc-Reading Issues
    > Error Messages That May Be Caused by Disc-Reading Issues
    > Troubleshoot Error Messages
    > Examine the Disc
    > Clean the Disc
    > Test the Disc in a Different Drive
    > Clean the Drive
    > Test Disc Read with Copy or Xcopy
    > Quit Unnecessary Software
    > Switch the Drive Controller to DMA Mode, and
    > How to Troubleshoot DVD Error Messages is available in this

    , Aug 22, 2005

    Jimmy S. Guest

    Re: Help Juiced problems

    Updating video card drivers can solve most gaming issues. Here's some
    simple abc's to always keep in mind. a. Shut off download accelerators,
    firewalls and antivirus programs when downloading or installing updates;
    b. Check for game patches: www.avault.com/pcrl/patches_list.asp?letter=a
    c. Make sure you meet the game's minimum video and system requirements.

    Before you update your drivers, I recommend that you update DirectX from:
    www.microsoft.com/directx

    Here are the steps I recommend you use to update your driver:

    1. To identify the make and model of your card, right click your
    Desktop, choose Properties / Settings / Advanced / Adapter.

    2. Download the latest video driver for your card online, using
    http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/Video.html#drivers
    to find the website to download from. I also have advanced
    video driver and direct X troubleshooting steps on that page.

    3. Save the .exe driver (or extract the zip file) to a folder
    in My Documents named after the driver version number.

    4. Restart the computer in Safe Mode by pressing the F8 key
    about once every second as it's rebooting to pick Safe Mode.

    5. Click Start / (settings) Control Panel / System / Hardware
    Device Manager / expand +Display Adapters / right click on
    the adapter, pick "Uninstall", and click No if asked to reboot.

    6. Use Control Panel / Add-Remove programs to uninstall the
    previous driver (exe)software which may have been installed.

    7. Restart the computer in Safe Mode by pressing the F8 key
    about once every second as it's rebooting to pick Safe Mode.

    8. If the driver is NOT a (.exe)program file, GO TO step 11.

    9. When Windows prompts you to install the video adapter, click
    "Cancel" and Double click the driver program to begin installation.
    * Even if not prompted, doubleclick the driver and install it.

    10. After you reboot, go to Control Panel / Display / Settings and
    choose 32 bit Color Quality, and 800x600 or higher Resolution.
    That's it! Scroll down to the Troubleshooter if you have problems.

    11. When Windows prompts you to install the video adapter, click
    "Install from a list or specific location", click the "Browse" button,
    browse to the My documents folder where you saved the driver,
    and finally click on one of the driver files to begin installation.

    ** If you are not prompted, or if the driver was updated automatically:
    Click Start / (settings) Control Panel / System / Hardware Device Manager
    expand +Display Adapters / right click on the adapter, pick "Update Driver"
    to start the Update Wizard, choose the "Install from a list..." option:
    Browse to My Documents\ folder with the driver in it
    Click OK and click Next to begin the update.

    12. After you reboot, go to Control Panel / Display / Settings and
    choose 32 bit Color Quality, and 800x600 or higher Resolution.
    That's it! Try the advice in the Troubleshooter if you have problems.

    TROUBLESHOOTING:

    Test your drivers using DXDiag: Click Start / Run / type: DXDIAG
    Click the "Test" buttons in the Display, Sound, Music & Network Tabs;
    If any of the Display options are Disabled and you cannot Enable them,
    your most likely solution would be to update your Chipset Drivers as per
    my website: http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/Video.html#v11

    Your program might not support dual monitors, or "dual head" video cards
    You can disable the extra video output in your display properties control
    panel. Click Start>Settings>Control Panel>Display>Settings>Advanced.

    Along with your Video card, Sound Cards, Motherboard Chipsets,
    and Video Monitors may also require updated drivers. Even your
    motherboard's BIOS may need to be updated for compatibility with
    your Video card. These steps are listed at: http://NibblesNbitsVideo.tk

    Perhaps the old Video drivers did not completely uninstall. If that's the
    case, use these utility to completely uninstall the drivers and go to step
    7:
    nvidia: http://content.guru3d.com/index.php?page=detonatorrip&menu=0
    or for all cards including nvidia use: http://www.driverheaven.net/cleaner/

    The latest video drivers sometime don't work with a particular game.
    (Check the Video suggestions in the readme.txt file in your game folder/CD)
    If there's no suggestions, try an older (WHQL) driver, and/or if you still
    experience problems try a Beta driver, or even an Omega driver instead:

    BETA Drivers: http://download.guru3d.com/
    OMEGA Drivers: http://www.omegacorner.com/

    There you have it, if you have any questions feel free to post them! :)

    --

    <> wrote in message news:...
    | hi, im very new to this so i dont even now how to start my own topic so
    | i have used someones reply sorry.
    |
    | i am having problems with the installation of juiced, i can install the
    | game and then it loads but an error screen appears, with the send error
    | report option, but then it says juiced.exe has encounted a problem and
    | has to close i have tried installing it on two different pc's and a
    | laptop but still no result, and this is the second game as i have taken
    | it back to the shop and got a different one. i am completly confused,
    | somebody please help.
    | cheers marc.
    |

    | Jimmy S. wrote:
    | > Hi Martin,
    | >
    | > "Martin" <> wrote in message news:...
    | > | Hi there, I need help
    | > |
    | > | I bought Juiced and cannot install it. During installation I get the error
    | > | message:
    | > | "Component: loose_files
    | > | File: D:/uninstall_icon.exe
    | > | Error: An internal error has occurred"
    | > |
    | > | When opening up explorer and clicking on the above file it says:
    | > | "not compatible with Win32"
    | > |
    | > | During installation I have all firewalls and anti-viruses deactivated.
    | > |
    | > | Is there a patch I should download? What is the problem here?
    | > |
    | > | Thanks in advance
    | > |

    Jimmy S., Aug 22, 2005