    or something that I can't figure out how to over-ride. I saw nothing in the
    BIOS that would let me enable it.

    Thanks, Jim

    JJ, May 19, 2007

  2. JJ

    Zadok Guest

    On Fri, 18 May 2007 19:04:41 -0400, "JJ" <> wrote:

    >My wife bought a Thinkpad T43 through work. At the time she bought they set
    >everything up and disabled the wireless because of their security policies.
    >At the time she left she gave them them the laptop so they could remove
    >their software, data, etc. So she now has the laptop back with only WinXP
    >pro on it. It networks ok with my desktop when connected with a cable, but
    >it won't let me enable the wireless. When I click on "view network
    >connections" it show the network pic with a red X. When I try to enable it
    >the X goes away but when I try to connect there is no connection and the X
    >is back. Also there is a little pic of lock with the network pic which
    >leads me to believe that its disable by some sort of administrator setting
    >or something that I can't figure out how to over-ride. I saw nothing in the
    >BIOS that would let me enable it.
    >
    >Thanks, Jim

    What do you see in the device manager? Is there a physical switch near
    the keyboard? Let us know...

    -- Zadok
    ('¿')

    Zadok, May 19, 2007

  3. JJ

    JJ Guest

    Yes it is seen in device manager and reports that it is working properly. I
    was thinking there may be some sort of switch as well but couldn't find
    one - could there be an internal switch maybe? The little picture of the
    lock on the network connection picture makes me think there is some kind of
    administrator lock feature. I could attach a screen shot of this if that
    would help.
    Jim

    JJ, May 19, 2007