    is lost. My file old file was replaced by the new file that I download, is
    there any way I can find my old file? I tried to restore to an earlier time,
    but it didn’t work! Thanks a Bunch!

    Guest, Nov 4, 2004

    Hi, Amy. In Word, if the "Always create backup copy" option is enabled in
    Tools | Options | Save, then the previous version of the document will be
    saved with a .wbk extension to the same folder as the current version of the
    document. If you don't have this option enabled, then the previous version
    of the document is gone.

    Guest, Nov 4, 2004

    Thanks for your help! But my file was gone :((((

    Guest, Nov 4, 2004

    Graham Mayor Guest

    Note also that Windows restore doesn't affect data files.

    --
    Graham Mayor - Word MVP

    My web site www.gmayor.com
    Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org