HELP! End User License Agreement Pop Up

Reaction score
I am running Windows 7. Every time I open a Microsoft Office (2003) app, such as Outlook, the EULA pops up and I have to click 'Agree'. This also happened when I was using Vista. The problem started when I bought a new laptop last year. I do not have Office installed on any other computer and I am logged in as the administrator. Also, I have Service Pack 3. I saw where this same issue was addressed on this forum but the 'fix' described didn't change anything. This has been going on for a year and it's driving me nutso. Any help would be greatly apprecialted. Thanks in advance for your help.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums :) Which OS do you have?

Was this the fix that you tried? : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884202/en-us

If that fails and you are using Vista/7, you could try disabling UAC, right click Outlook and run as admin, accept the agreement and then re-enable UAC. :)

Reaction score
Hi Ian, thanks for your response. Yes, I tried the fix at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884202/en-us and it didn't work.

As stated in my post, I am running Win7 and I am already running Windows as the admin. and have full permissions. There is no option in Win7 to right click on Outlook (or any other Office app) to run as Admin. That option is only available in XP/Vista

I was finally able to resolve the issue by right clicking on Outlook, clicking on Properties, then on the Compatibility tab. At the bottom there is a box for Privlege Level. I was able to check the box, 'Run this program as an administrator' and that resolved the issue.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry, I must have missed the part about your OS (even though it's the first sentance :blush:).

I'm glad you've got it working now :)

Ask a Question