Help. Broken Intel Cooler Bracket

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I am putting together a system for a friend based on an Asus P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard.

And I've managed to break the bracket mounted on the motherboard that retains the Pentium cooler.

Anybody know where I can get one?

It's the square black plastic bracket screwed to the main board and has four retaining pillars, each with a slot. I've managed to break one off.

I've phoned the suppliers, overclocking.co.uk and they actually refuse to help. Maybe I should try for an rma or something?

I've also phoned Asus UK who informed me that this part is very hard to get hold of but if I e-mailed them they'd try and get one from their Holland HQ. That doesn't sound too helpful.

I can't be the only idiot to break one of these, I would have expected them to be readily available. But no.

Anybody perhaps have a dead board laying about with this bracket? I'd imagine it's common to most Intel boards.

Mr first taste of Intel, I've always built AMD since the K6-2. I tried to persuade friend to go AMD, but he was seduced by 3Ghz and 800fsb. Ho-hum.

Or, just had a thought, does anybody know of a cooler that would bolt straight through the board, without a need for the bracket?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Here's a metal version of the bracket I'm after. I found this picture on the Net, but, alas, no suppliers.

Can anybody help?

p4.jpg

Ask a Question