    debarkle of XP and the so called PLUG N PLAY Phenominum that i and many many
    others found to be a total FARCE...
    yours down-heartedly........George.

    Guest, May 18, 2007

  2. Did you download 64-bit Vista drivers from the Linksys website? You can
    install 32-bit drivers until the cows come home but if you're running 64-bit
    Windows you must have and use 64-bit drivers.

    --
    Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User]

    Richard G. Harper, May 18, 2007

  3. George

    Which 'expert' told you to go with 64bit Vista? So you have a 64bit
    motherboard, and thought that it would be beneficial to performance, and you
    may have been right, but for the fact that driver support is not what it
    could be, and you probably don't have a motherboard able to hold more that
    4gb RAM, and no 64bit applications..

    Before upgrading any OS, it is a good idea to find out about driver
    availability.. generally speaking, if a manufacturer website makes no
    reference to to Vista, then there is a very good chance that Vista will NOT
    be supported. Especially important are drivers relating to communication
    devices.

    The CD supplied with your USB wireless adapter would have been manufactured
    some while before Vista was released. In fact, there would have been no
    change to the installation CD since the device first appeared for sale.

    Go to to the Linksys website and look for Vista 64bit drivers.. if you can't
    find any, then you will have to find another wireless device that does have
    64bit Vista support, or revert to 32bit Vista, which is the OS you should
    have installed..

    64bit computing may be the future for consumer desktops and small business
    workstations, but not yet..

    "gtwales" <> wrote in message
    > To anyone with helpfull advice, i have just forked out £249 clams for
    > Windows
    > Vista Ultimate 64-bit version and now i cant get my Linksys Wireless-G
    > broadband router and my Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter to work even after
    > install the cd's that came with them, so my Query is, A:= Are my above
    > items
    > totally useless with Vista 64bit (Dae Ja Vue all over again after the
    > great
    > an wonderful Xp) or B:= could i be doing something wrong if so can anyone
    > educate me on the best ways of getting my REALLY EXPENSIVE table coaster
    > of
    > a dvd, even though i have read an been told by Umm EXPERTS yes thats the
    > word, that all of my devices and the like that where working with the Xp
    > version would be Compatible with my £249 Quid so called state of the art
    > and
    > most Vaunted New Operating system....
    >
    > P.S i'm sorry if this request seems a tad bit on the Negative side but
    > thats
    > because i am RIGHT CHEESED OFF with the situation especially after the
    > debarkle of XP and the so called PLUG N PLAY Phenominum that i and many
    > many
    > others found to be a total FARCE...
    > yours down-heartedly........George.

    --

    Mike Hall
    MS MVP Windows Shell/User

    Mike Hall MVP, May 18, 2007

    Smitty Guest

    "gtwales" <> wrote in message
    > To anyone with helpfull advice, i have just forked out £249 clams for
    > Windows

    Go to linksys website & look for 64 bit software / cd.

    BTW how many dollars are equal to 249 British clams sterling :)

    Smitty, Jul 4, 2007