Help !!! ( Airport Express )

Reaction score
Hi there,

Wondered if anyone could help with this annoying little problem. Recently got an Airport Express Base Station which I am attempting to join wirelessly to my existing network - this is a third party network, managed by a Netgear Router.

Although we have configured the Roter to accept the IP addresses of the Base Station, the light on it still pules orange, ie it cannot gain access to the wireless connection I have.

The base Station is plugged in downstairs with audio cables into the back of my stereo in order that I can play airtunes thru my computer and wirelessly play them thru the living room speakers.

My computer is XP and wi-fi compatible, and I am confused as to why my network wont recognise Base Station. Does anyone know if I alos have to obtain an Airport Extreme Base Station to act as the master base station, or am I overlooking something ?

Thanks for any support you can give - its driving me crazy !!

Cheers

C.H:(

Reaction score
I have an Airport express, the light on mine will ONLY go green, if the modem is connected to the internet & plugged in to the box. ean if you do not use the modem, i cannot otherwise get the light to go green. - i use a broadband modem though.

Have you got any sign of life out of it yet? - any noise through the speakers?

If not, try phoning up Apple, they have a good support line, i called them when the printer would only print wirelessly using an apple PC, and they told me i needed some software (free) and it works!

KGB

Just a question, the name "captain howdy" is fermilliar to me... do you play a PC game called "enemy-territory"???

Reaction score
Hi guys

Thanks for the replies. By all accounts it may be because my Airport Express is trying to sign into a Secure Network ( installed by my wife's company so she can plug her laptop in and work from home)

The box glows ever orange - and to be honest I have given up trying, as its so frustrating.

My wife's IT department are going to attempt to sort it out for me - good luck to them.

Good point about plugging the box directly into the router - it did go green, but kinda defeats the object to have wireless music streaming from your computer to the living room.

Will see how the IT guys get on - after all they do manage the network so may have better luck.

My username comes from the Exorcist - sounded a cool name to use on here ...?

Cheers

Simon

Reaction score
All sorted now and running like a dream

Although the guy who set it up for me wasnt very forthcoming what he had to do to get it to run correctly. Believe he removed all the security on the Airport Express Box but apart from that who knows !!!

Cheers

Simon

Ask a Question