Windows XP Hello again and help!

Reaction score
Hi, a while back may of you helped me decide which computer to buy - i am of course a technophobe. I posted under the name of dramaqueen
https://www.pcreview.co.uk/search.php?searchid=21037

Thanks to all for the help and advice you gave me. I finally bought a Mesh Matrix computer which seems very good (although it originally was delivered without a monitor!!)

I seem to have a couple of problems though
1) it will not play trailers through MSN at 512K - is there something i can do to change this?
2) we received through the newspaper some DK encyclopedia discs, which again it cna't seem to read, missing some kind of DLL file - what can i do

any help, advice greatly appreciated

Reaction score
Do you know the Name of the Dynamic link Library File?

If you could find the name of the .DLL file your looking for... maybe you could do a search and dowload it from the net... or ask at the DK website..

Sorry this was just a quick suggestion

Reaction score
dramaqueen2 said:
1) it will not play trailers through MSN at 512K - is there something i can do to change this?
when u have msn open - goto ur personal settings or internet opions and look and see if there a setting to turn on/off movies or something - i know u can do this in exploer !

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I have tried looking through explorer options but everything seems as it should be. I'm considering going onto broadband. Will this help the problem of viewing trailers?

Is there anything i should look out for when choosing a broadband provider. I'm currently with tiscali on dial up.

As for the other matter, the program that won't run. It's now asking for a sound card?? I thought all new computers would have everything you would need to run these kind of programs

Ask a Question