    applications, but that only makes the characters show as English with
    accents instead of question marks.

    Thanks.

    Dan, Feb 25, 2004

  2. Dan

    CS Guest

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:08:23 -0800, "Dan" <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >How can I make command prompt (on English OS) show Hebrew characters in the
    >dir command when file names are in Hebrew? I've tried "mode con cp
    >/select=862" and setting Hebrew as the language for non-Unicode
    >applications, but that only makes the characters show as English with
    >accents instead of question marks.
    >
    >Thanks.

    You can't. Hebrew characters can be used after installation of the
    Hebrew IME and the selection of the right to left script option,
    however, they are limited to those applications designed to be able to
    use alternate languages. You can not display them at a command
    prompt.

    You'll have to install a copy of Hebrew XP in order to display the
    characters correctly in a command prompt and menus/dialogs. You can
    always use Hebrew XP in a dual boot configuration with English XP.

    CS, Feb 26, 2004

  3. Dan

    Dan Guest

    I thought that Windows XP is "Hebrew enabled". Hebrew version of office
    works fine and many other Windows applications show hebrew just fine. Why
    can't CSRSS show them?

    Dan, Feb 26, 2004