Windows Vista Having trouble with Security Center Malware protection is yellow

Reaction score
hI I was wondering if someone could help me with something you see I have this problem I installed Microsofts One care scanner on my computer but it did not work so the other night I decided to uninstall it. So when I uninstalled it I did not realize that it would impacted Windows security center at all so I went to go into the security center and found that everything else was green except malware protection the bar is yellow. What I would like to now is their a fairly easy solution to fixl this problem. When I pulled down the menu on the yellow malware protection bar it said that my antivirus was still on but that it was reporting it to windows security center in a format that is not supported. For me to automatically update the program or call the manufacturer for a newer version. I have all the current updates on my computer. Widnows Defender is on and is still protecting my computer and my firewall in security Center is green and other security bar is also green.

What can I do to fix this problem so I can get malware protection to go back to green.

I am not an advanced user

some info that mgiht be helpful:

Windows Vista home basic

please if any one could help me thanks very much

please explain your solutions how to fix this problem in detail please

bye for now Howard31

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Microsoft stopped Windows OneCare and replaced it with a free "Secutiry Essentials" package. To stop the security centre popup, you can either tell it to ignore that you have no AV software (not recommended) or install some :)

You can try the new Microsoft SE package (free) here : http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/

Or, if you don't like that then you could try Avira AV (also free) : http://www.avira.com/en/download/index.html

Ask a Question