Has anyone ever used the Program "Superworks"? DB/SS/WP Program

B

BowstreetClub

It was a program that apple came out with so that the apple could coexhist
with IBM (ers). It was a great database, word and spreadsheet program.

I have my collection on this program and am unable to find another program
to convert it to. It won't work on newer computers because it is DOS based
and requires an earlier printer than I have.

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
I have a old version (I believe final version) of the program. Would you like me to email it to you as an attachment.

Reaction score
I have been happily using SuperWorks since it appeared as a PC version of AppleWorks. It was small, and very easy to use, and I regret there is no Windows program which is similar. BUT IT WILL RUN UNDER WINDOWS.

If you go to howtogeek.com/104725/how-to-use-dosbox-to-run-dos-games-and-old-apps you will find a description of the DOSBox 0.74 program which I use on my Windows 7 computer to run SuperWorks.

DOSBox is free and can be downloaded from either of two sites: [sourceforge.net/projects/dosbox/]
or
[dosbox.com/download.php?main=1]
The llatter offers installers for a great number of different platforms.

DOSBox allows running SuperWorks, including almost all of the bells-and-whistles. The single shortcoming is in printing, which is probably due to limitations in SW itself.
DOSBox must be installed in the root directory (C), as must the program you want it to run and the data files. I created a batch file which opens up in a window and allows choices of several DOS programs (SuperWorks and DataPerfect), which can then be run as if you still had a DOS based computer.

Printing is a problem. The only solution I have found is to print to an ASCII file which I then open with a Windows 7 word processor. Unfortunately, the formatting is not perfect; you need to do a lot of manual spacing, tabs, etc. (which can be done with macros) to reformat the ASCII file into something that looks like the old SuperWorks printout.

Try DOSBox. I think it will solve your problem.

Ask a Question