Halo 2 gamers face Vista upgrade

Covenant

Proud Cruncher
Reaction score
Surely MS isn't that arrogant that it expects millions of gamers to purchase Vista just to play Halo2. I've only just moved up to XP.
Pehaps the retail price of Vista is going to be about £10 :D

Covenant

Reaction score
It will be a a pirates dream come true.

They seriously expect gamers to buy a new operating system just so they can play H2?

PMSL Nah!

makes me wonder what else has been incorporated into Vista in the way of spyware!

Reaction score
vista looks crapp, impersonal and slow. If you ask me (which no one did) it will be a complete faliure, and people will still use xp when they are 93. Plus it seems popular at the moment for big companies to put spyware and stuff on their products, so i would toauch it until it has been gone through with a fine tooth comb

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm quite looking forward to seeing what Vista can do, as it has some good "technical" improvements - although it has taken years to get XP working as we'd like!

Does seem a bit silly to force Vista for H2, unless there is a good reason for it!

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
one of my friends managed to get hold of a copy of vista and dual booted it on his laptop (i know this is probably a bit close to the line, but i dont know where he got it so dont ask), now his laptop is pretty powerful 3Ghz P4, 1GB RAM, decent onboard graphics (dont know which) but its pretty much a mid range desktop, he was showing us what it was like and it was really slow, it looked good but was too bloated for his laptop to run, the release version will be more refined but im thinking that all of the budget systems will still be running XP for a while yet and most people will probably want to stick with it

Reaction score
"If you ask me (which no one did) it will be a complete faliure, and people will still use xp when they are 93." Lol potguy that's what I'm planning on doing! Curse that Bill Gates and his monopoly! It would probably be cheaper just to buy and xbox and halo 2 by what it's selling by right now...

Ask a Question