Bargain Half Life Generations For £10

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
This is a heck of a bargain for all of you who havent sampled the quality of Half Life yet.

In this pack you get Half Life, Opposing Forces (you play as the baddies), Blue Shift (you play as one of the security guards) and counter strike which is probably the most played online FPS ever. All this for a TENNER delivered!

This is a Class A games at a ridiculasly low price, i suggest you all get it! You dont need the worlds fastest PC to play it either.

Here are the minimum specs:
Windows 95/98/ME/2000 or NT with SP4
Pentium II 233 or AMD K6-2
32MB RAM
400MB free Hard Disk space
2 x CD-ROM
16-bit colour DirectX compatible Graphic Card
Windows-compatible Sound Card

It works with windows XP because i use it on it ;).

Heres the link then: http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=PC&title=102356

Reaction score
Hey, that looks like a good deal and i think im gonna buy it, but my mate says that half-life is being re-released using the half-life two engine. This might be why they are selling it off cheap? Maybe, i dunno! :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Like reef said, if there's one or two of you out there who ain't played this, that's a helluva lot of quality gaming for a tenner.

Trouble is for me, I think I've played Half Life and all the official/unofficial add-ons/expansions through at least five times. Heckuva gaming experience, last played it about a year ago I think, and I think I could probably play them all through again. Maybe ;)

A landmark in gaming.

Funnily enough, I just finished playing Return To Castle Wolfenstein through again, quite enjoyed that, in fact I was opening that in preference to Doom 3, which may or may not say something....

Reaction score
I loved half-life esp. multiplayer, but never played any of the add-ons. Is it worth getting this pack? Do that add-ons give a lot more playability? What is counterstrike by the way, is it an add on to halflife?

Reaction score
Hey, just about to order some xmas prezzies from amazon and was gonna buy this for myself (well, it is xmas!!) and was wondering if anyone knows if halflife is fully installable? I want to play multiplayer across my 2 computers and wondered if i would need two copies? Im sure i remember having halflife before and not needing the cd, but my memory has always been scetchy.

Reaction score
Hey,

Half-Life 2 uses a Steam verification system which means you would more than likely need two copies to play multiplayer, i don't know exactly as i never plan LAN, i usually join internet matches, but im sure it still runs with the Steam networking client, in which, you would need to have two different registered Steam accounts, which would require two serial numbers.

HTH,

Chris,

Reaction score
Imrie - i highly doubt that.

From my experience, you only need more than one copy of the game if you plan on joining internet sessions from multiple computers, as the CD-Key would need to be verified as not pirated.

So your meaning to say that you can't play LAN games if you don't have the internet?

If not, how would Steam verify it?

I can't see how it would work, im sure you could play LAN games just fine with one copy.

Chris.

Oh, and by the way, Half life Generations is not Half Life 2, if it was, i doubt you could get it for a tenner :D

Reaction score
Hey Postill,

Good point i never thought into that and the Half-Life 2 quote was meant to refer to Half-Life not Half-Life 2.

Chris,

Reaction score
I didn't want to edit the messages so i deleted them,

As the point i stated was wrong as i never thought about it enough.

Anyhow, thanks for pointing that out.

Chris,

Reaction score
Imrie,

Generally, the done thing is to leave them there regardless so that surrounding posts make sense, and it's just good netiquette i guess.

Now it looks like i was talking to myself.

Reaction score
It does look like you are talking to yourself, lol, first sign of madness and all that jazz! Not sure what imrie said, but the consensus (well, from chris anyway), is that if i buy one copy and patch it i should be able to fully install it so it doesnt need the cd? Excellent, now i get to shoot my dad with a crossbow! ;-) Now there's a sentence i never thought i'd say.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting this too, as I don't think that the new source engine will make too much of a difference to the actual gameplay.

Is that a lot of entertainment for £10 (i.e will it occupy me for a few weeks?) ;)

I love HL2, but never really gave HL1 a go.

Reaction score
Well, i loved half life one, and cause ive not played it for ages im assuming it will entertain me. I def think it has a LOT of game play for a tenner!! Im ordering xmas prezzies from amazon anyway, so an extra tenner will be nothing for this fun-athon.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Is that a lot of entertainment for £10 (i.e will it occupy me for a few weeks?) ;)
Yes it will, it's a great game. Just don't expect such pretty graphics or intelligent A1 as in HL2. And there ain't no gravity gun.

Lots of free add-ons that are well worth playing as well from places like Planet Half Life. Try 'They Hunger', 1, 2, & 3.

Reaction score
Op force was a amazing add on, didnt like blue shift that much though yeah its well worth 10 squid
although if u go down to ur local pc world u can get it for 4.99 :)

Reaction score
I went to PC world but they didnt have half life generations and the guy checked and they didnt seem to have it ever at that price. Anyway, i just bought it from amazon so its all good. I should be bashing some bugs with a crowbar by the end of the week.

Oh, if anyone knows any good sites where i can get the no cd patch that would be helpful. I tried a few times doing a search, but everything is about half life 2 at the moment.

Laters.

Ask a Question