GW2 ... is an expansion in the works?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Is GW2 going to announce an expansion on the 24th, who know, some people seem to think and hope that is going to be. Do You?

For you, and me, who have been doing other things, is a great speculative video from you-tuber, WoodenPatatoes ... a great advocat to the GWs franchise.

spoiler warning
if you have not yet played the last episode.

:user:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Hmm... there are some compelling observations made in those vids, for the liklihood of an expansion - despite the GW2 Devs always vigorously denying that an expansion would ever be released. Instead, they drip-fed us with a shedload of new content in the form of the Living Story (LS).

I guess the LS has probably produced the equivalent of an expansion, in terms of the new map areas, with all those have to offer; and undoubtedly, many players got pretty hyped by the (mainly) bi-monthly patches.

Personally, I find the LS a little bit of a chore, (too many chattering, long-winded NPCs for my taste) and frankly, patch-nights can be a bit of a pain. They cause interruption, server crashes, and a lot of frustration... such as not being able to access the darned map (even when trying to do so for a purpose other than the LS!) I'm guessing the servers get overloaded...(but wait, wasn't "Megaserver" supposed to take care of all that..?)

Anyway, my personal feeling is that an expansion would not only be welcomed by many, it would be a whole lot less messy. (Thinking fondly of GW1's Factions, Nightfall, Eye of The North, etc.) But as for whether there really is one on the way...? It's looking very likely, isn't it? But I guess we won't know for certain until ArenaNet make their announcement at PAX South.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I've actually logged on, after a long time away, just on the strength of WP videos.

I am, however, extremely annoyed at the fact that if I want to play the bits of the 'story' I have missed, because I have not logged on, I'll have to stomp up 200 gems to do so. :mad:

I will be very wary if an expansion does materialise before parting with any monies ...

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I've actually logged on, after a long time away, just on the strength of WP videos.

I am, however, extremely annoyed at the fact that if I want to play the bits of the 'story' I have missed, because I have not logged on, I'll have to stomp up 200 gems to do so. :mad:

I will be very wary if an expansion does materialise before parting with any monies ...

I too, think it's a bit of a cheek to expect folk to pay for content they've missed, due basically to having taken a break. It's free for everyone else, so what the heck..?

Imho, and despite my earlier grumble, the LS did improve over latter episodes. It is still not my favourite thing, but that's just me.

Ask a Question