Guild Wars.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ok - what exactly do I do? :D

I was given The Complete Guild Wars for Christmas, it has: Guild Wars: Eye Of The North; Guild Wars Nightfall; Guild Wars Factions and Guild Wars Prophecies.

As far as I can see only Guild Wars Factions seems to be a stand-alone, the other 3 appear to be rolled into one - correct?

It's installed ok, I've figured how to create and delete characters and I get online ok. I'm currently playing as warrior class I think and I started off with a big hammer. I encountered some nasty little creature and bashed him to death with my hammer and I now have a spiky weapon.

I notice that within city walls my weapon disappears.

I've walked around a bit, a couple of nasty witch type creatures have tried to kill me so I ran away but that's about it.

My simple question is - what am I supposed to do? :confused:

I would assume I work my way through missions but what do I do to start?

The manual (PDF format on the CD) runs to about 100 pages and takes an age to scroll through. There's heaps of info about warrior classes, weapons and what have you but I can't seem to find the bit that says 'To start Guild Wars you...'

I'm playing the regular quest, not Factions. Does this game auto-save btw?

Somebody tell me what to do, lol ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I have found this: Link which says:

Each time you make a new character, it starts at level one in a tutorial area. A friendly NPC should spot you immediately and wave you over. Talk to this NPC to learn basics about the game (movement control, interfaces, and so on) and even stab a few baddies and grab some starter loot in the process.

That didn't happen to me.

I think later today I'll go online again and give it another shot, perhaps create a new character and see what happens.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Welcome to Guild Wars!! You'll get some good battles as the game progresses. Lol

The only non-standalone game, is Eye of the North, which is an extension of Nightfall.

You can load all of your games (as I have done,) and "connect them" via the "I have a new key" (on the right, beneath "Announcements" on the log-in page) so that they will all appear on one account. It then means that your characters can play between the different campaigns, as they progress.

You can also start off characters from the other campaigns if you wish. In Nightfall, the "training" period is a bit shorter than in Factions.

Yup, your weapon will disappear within towns.

If you want a bit of in-game help, you're welcome to add me to your friends list. (Don't worry, you are always free to do your own thing, I am not the "pestering" type ;) ) I've got a mix of characters, covering each profession now, yup, I'm a tad hooked! :D

My name in game is "Taffy Catt." I'm looking after Mucks' Guild whilst he is off battling elsewhere, so if you want somewhere to sort out your "loot" etc., you might want to join? But totally up to you :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Blimey, seems confusing to me :D

Ok, lemme get used to it a little bit, I shall come back to you.

Thanks for reply :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Logged on earlier this evening, things seemed clearer. Have now recieved my first quest.

Looking interesting :)

However, somewhat intoxicated so decided to return when of a more stable mindset.

I'm known as floppybootstomp on Guild Wars.

I have a feeling I may enjoy this thing :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Alf said:
Original names. :D
I have, he called muckshifter ... though I do have one called Pyrotecnic, or is that another game.

For those who have the "pack" of GW, I suggest starting with Nightfall and get your 4 Heros then you can travel back to Prophecy and forward to EotN, Factions was a pig-in-the-poke, some people liked it.

Enjoy!! :wave:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
When I first started Factions, I wasn't quite so keen on it, but it "grew" on me and one of my characters completed it recently.

Regarding names, Taffy Catt was my first, but they became a bit more adventurous after that :lol:

Be good if we could get other PCR gamers interested in joining - it can be good fun :D

Ask a Question