Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Please leave your comments about Guild Wars in this thread

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Well done to Chris on his first review for the site! Those screenshots make me want to get this game even more, but I think I'm going to have to wait till I get paid from work first ;)

/been meaning to get this game for 2 months now!

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Nice little review and some good screenshots....but I won't be buying this game as there is talk of lag on the servers, which is mentioned in another thread on the site...But good review all the same...

Chris Pickering

Monkey Island Fanboy
Reaction score
crazylegs said:
Nice little review and some good screenshots....but I won't be buying this game as there is talk of lag on the servers, which is mentioned in another thread on the site...But good review all the same...

I did suffer the odd bit of lag myself. Every now and again my character would just, well, pause completely for a few seconds. Never seemed to happen during battle though, so didnt really cause too much annoyance. Never suffered anything more than that though.

Oh, and if anyone wants to join up with a Level 3 Neuromancer/Warrior, give me a PM! Liked the game so much as to play through again from a pure gamers viewpoint. My critical reviewers hat has been firmly removed!

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Im a level 17 at the mo, never suffered lag what so ever! And thats alot of gametime played. Its a decent enough RPG, but its focused too much on fighting, you would like some varied quests/puzzles every now and then, but hey its only £18 from play.com ;).

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I can't get enough ... on my 3rd time round. :p

good review :thumb:

abz

Reaction score
I am a hard core Guild Wars player. Even on the second house PC (about 4 years old) I still only experience minimal lag, even at peak times. I also object to the description of it being a mission-based game. Although the PvE content is of high standard, above all else, this game is undoubtedly PvP based.

The way I see it, the PvE is training for the PvP. Unlocking items and skills so that your roled PvP charactors have everything they need to go and win in the hall of heroes. I love this game. There are new campaigns every 6 months with loads of new PvE and PvP content (the add ons are optional. they all work solo as well as adding on to other chapters) so you never run out of things to do.

abi

abz

Reaction score
pvp = player versus player
pve = player versus environment (the role play bit, including storyline etc)

all pvp characters start off at max level, with anything you have unlocked available for immediate use. pve characters start at level 1 and have to gain their levels and armour gradually. Its hard to explain the nitty gritty differences, you would have to spend the £17 and play it to fully get it ;P

abi

Ask a Question