    Is there a utility that will tell me what exactly each one of these group
    policies accomplish?

    Thanks.

    genghiz, Feb 18, 2009

  2. Howdie!

    genghiz wrote:
    > I have recently took a new job, the existing Windows 2003 Active Directory
    > is not pretty, there are many Group Policies that I am trying to understand.
    > Is there a utility that will tell me what exactly each one of these group
    > policies accomplish?

    You mean a tool that gives you the explain text messages of each setting
    of the policy? There's no such tool. What you can do is use the GPMC and
    its settings tab - it displays all settings of a GP. Many of the setting
    names of the GPs are very explanatory.

    cheers,
    Florian
    --
    Microsoft MVP - Group Policy
    eMail: prename [at] frickelsoft [dot] net.

    Florian Frommherz [MVP], Feb 18, 2009

  3. genghiz

    genghiz Guest

    Thanks Florian!!!!