    the actual (real) hyperlink. Seems they are ad related, but I didn't
    find anything in a search about them.
    Anyone care to shed some light on this?

    ©®, Nov 20, 2003

  2. ©®

    PA Bear Guest

    For example...?
    --
    HTH...Please post back to this thread

    ~Robear Dyer (aka PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE), AH-VSOP

    Protect Your PC

    PA Bear, Nov 20, 2003

  3. "©®" <> wrote in message
    > What are these green double-underline hyperlinks I see on webpages?
    > When I hover over them, they show info for that word and have no
    > relation to the actual (real) hyperlink. Seems they are ad related,
    > but I didn't find anything in a search about them.
    > Anyone care to shed some light on this?

    First eliminate any scumware.
    See
    Dealing with Unwanted Spyware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

    Note that AdAware and SpyBot S & D will each catch some things the other
    won't. Also, each need to be updated before every use, even when just
    downloaded.

    If trying everything at that site does not fix the problem please post back
    in the same thread.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, Nov 21, 2003
  4. ©®

    ©® Guest

    PA Bear wrote:
    > For example...?

    Sorry for delay in replying - I couldn't remember where.
    Here is an example (I get):
    http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/4342.html
    I have tried SpyBot and it says I don't have anything needing foxing
    (using latest version!).
    End of sentence starting with "Yellow computing have released..." is
    Sony Ericsson. "Sony" is underlined in green for me.
    Same again for sentence starting with "MMS Cam alows..." "SMS Message"
    is underlined in green.
    ANyone else get this?

    ©®, Nov 23, 2003
  5. ©®

    Mike Burgess Guest

    ©®,
    Internet Options | General [tab] | Accessibility [button]
    Anything checked there? (by default all 4 options are unchecked)
    Mike Burgess [MVP Windows Shell\User] http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/
    Blocking Spyware, Adware, Parasites, Hijackers, Trojans, with a HOSTS file
    http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm [updated 11-23-03]
    Please post replies to this Newsgroup, email address is invalid

    Mike Burgess, Nov 23, 2003
  6. ©®

    ©® Guest

    Mike Burgess wrote:
    > ©®,
    > Internet Options | General [tab] | Accessibility [button]
    > Anything checked there? (by default all 4 options are unchecked)

    Nope - all clear!

    ©®, Nov 24, 2003
  7. ©®

    ©® Guest

    ©® wrote:
    > Same again for sentence starting with "MMS Cam alows..." "SMS Message"
    > is underlined in green.

    Now that I have gone back to that page - SMS Message is no longer
    underlined but Sony still is.
    Hmmn... something weird here!

    ©®, Nov 24, 2003
  8. ©®

    PA Bear Guest

    Check your system for "hijackware".

    Dealing with Hijackware
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
    http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/Darnit.htm#tshoot
    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

    I highly recommend using HijackThis
    (http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/hijackthis.zip) to identify and
    assist in the removal of these bad guys. **Post your files to
    http://forums.spywareinfo.com/, not here.**

    Also update your virus definitions and then run a full system scan. From
    now on, do both daily.

    PA Bear, Nov 24, 2003
  9. ©®

    ©® Guest

    ©®, Nov 24, 2003
  10. They are SmartTags built into the webpage. Not spyware.

    --
    Michael Henderson

    Remove 'goduke', if not spam

    Michael D. Henderson, Nov 27, 2003
  11. ©®

    H Leboeuf Guest

    Rule out parasites.
    Dealing with Unwanted Spyware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

    --

    Henri Leboeuf

    H Leboeuf, Nov 27, 2003