    Please help me someone!!!!!
    --
    JS

    Guest, Mar 18, 2006

    Rickles Guest

    In Office 2000 Pro (and assumed to be similar in newer), go to
    Tools|Options. At the View tab, look in the 'Show' section for the
    setting 'Picture Placeholders'. If that's checked, you will only see
    boxes where the images should be. That may be preventing you from
    seeing other non-text items in the file as well.

    Good luck.

    Rickles, Mar 18, 2006

    Thanks Rickles: you've saved the day.
    No idea how that happened.