Windows XP Graphics Card

Reaction score
I have a Dell Precision 670 computer running windows XP.My current video card is an AMD B170 which came installed in the computer. I'd like to upgrade to a better yet moderately priced card. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Depends what you mean by moderately priced. The best bang for buck at the moment is the nvidia gtx460 which you can pick up from£120 , for high end performance the nvidia gtx480 will keep you going on high end gaming for a few years to come and you can pick one of those up for £200.

For cheaper than £100 you will be looking at ati I would say, something like the ati 5770

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I have a Dell Precision 670 computer running windows XP.My current video card is an AMD B170 which came installed in the computer. I'd like to upgrade to a better yet moderately priced card. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Buy a new PC, no, really.

The power supply is 'specially' made for that system and may not be up to powering any really decent graphics card, if indeed it even has the right connectors.

The case is made for that motherboard, which will not, to my knowledge, fit any other case and therefore you cannot fit a nice new super-doper power supply unit.

it was never designed as a "gaming" system :(

is this your PC?

IMHO, it was never designed ... it's in an age of it's own :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I really hate Dell PC's for the reasons stated above...

Ask a Question