Graph Line Width ?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Excel Charting' started by Robert11, Apr 7, 2012.

  1. Robert11

    Robert11 Guest

    Hello,

    Using Excel 2007.

    Dumb question, but I just can't seem to get it to work.

    Have a chart with a line graph.
    Guess it's called a Scatter Graph.
    Bunch of points, with lines connecting the points; the typical kind of
    thing.

    Looks fine, but I want to make the lines connecting all the data points
    "thinner".

    After clicking on the line graph (which I guess selects it) I
    right-click with the mouse and go to Format Data Points, but this
    doesn't seem to do anything for the entire line.

    How can I easily change the line width for the entire graph ?

    Thanks,
    Bob

    Robert11, Apr 7, 2012

  2. On Apr 7, 3:01 pm, Robert11 <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Using Excel 2007.
    >
    > Dumb question, but I just can't seem to get it to work.
    >
    > Have a chart with a line graph.
    > Guess it's called a Scatter Graph.
    > Bunch of points, with lines connecting the points; the typical kind of
    > thing.
    >
    > Looks fine, but I want to make the lines connecting all the data points
    > "thinner".
    >
    > After clicking on the line graph (which I guess selects it) I
    > right-click with the mouse and go to Format Data Points, but this
    > doesn't seem to do anything for the entire line.
    >
    > How can I easily change the line width for the entire graph ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bob

    Please take a look at:-

    http://www.pierrefondes.com/

    - item 113.

    With reference to the above chart to make the line narrower take the
    following actions:-

    1. Click the line to highlight it.

    2. Right click then:-

    Format Data Series . . .

    The Format Data Series window should open.

    3. In the Format Data Series window click on:-

    Line Style

    - being the 5th item down on the left hand side.

    4. Now, on the right hand side, increasing / decreasing the:-

    Width:

    - setting at the top will change how broad the line is.

    Does this give you what you want?

    trip_to_tokyo, Apr 7, 2012