Got My Older Dell 8400 Repaired By Using Parts From My Broken Dell XPS 600 And Installed RC1!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista General Discussion' started by Kevin John Panzke, Sep 20, 2006.

  1. Got My Older Dell 8400 Repaired By Using Parts From My Broken Dell XPS 600
    And I Installed Windows Vista RC1!

    Kevin John Panzke, Sep 20, 2006

  2. Update: I installed Microsoft Office Beta 2 on Windows Vista RC1 and then
    attempted to download the TR using IE 7,
    Download Failed: Insufficient Quota, I am now attempting to download the TR
    using Mozilla Firefox instead.

    Kevin John Panzke, Sep 20, 2006

  3. Kev, get a blog. Seriously.

    Homer J. Simpson, Sep 20, 2006
  4. Update: I successfully downloaded and installed the TR for Microsoft Office
    2007 Beta 2 using Mozilla Firefox in Windows Vista RC1, IE 7 for Windows
    Vista RC1 still needs more work, Just FYI.

    Kevin John Panzke, Sep 20, 2006
  5. This is a Windows Vista RC1 Issue and is Not Off Topic, Just FYI.

    Kevin John Panzke, Sep 20, 2006
  6. Update: I installed Avast 4.7 Home Edition (a very great AV Solution, by
    the way), and can now Officially Say that both Microsoft and Windows Vista
    Suck Big Time! We Need a Release Candidate 2 (for Microsoft Connect, MSDN,
    and Tech Net Plus), Just FYI. John Jay Smith was right after all!

    Kevin John Panzke, Sep 20, 2006
  7. Kevin John Panzke

    MICHAEL Guest

    Perhaps, your jerry rigged computer sucks big time.

    What happened to that brand new computer your mommy
    and daddy bought you? Fudge it already? Shame.

    -Michael

    MICHAEL, Sep 20, 2006
  8. Kevin John Panzke

    Tom Ziegmann Guest

    Oh it was so nice without you here.

    --
    Tom Ziegmann
    Microsoft Certified Professional

    Tom Ziegmann, Sep 20, 2006
  9. Kevin John Panzke

    Jeff Guest

    Hi Kevin

    Jeff

    Jeff, Sep 21, 2006
  10. Then why does Windows Vista RC1 give me a Compatibility Warning about Avast
    4.7 Home Edition? Just FYI!

    Kevin John Panzke, Sep 21, 2006
  11. Kevin John Panzke

    MICHAEL Guest

    I don't know WTF that has to do with what I said to
    you. But, maybe, you are not using the right version
    of Avast for Vista.

    http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=23424
    http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=724161&SiteID=17
    http://files.avast.com/files/beta/4.7.881/setupeng.exe

    MICHAEL, Sep 21, 2006
  12. Kevin John Panzke

    Intel Inside Guest

    Who made you an 'official', capable of making "official" statements?.

    Intel Inside, Sep 21, 2006
  13. Kevin John Panzke

    Intel Inside Guest

    Why not report the issue as a bug to MS using the feedback tools?.
    Or you can discuss this in the Connect ng for Vista.

    Intel Inside, Sep 21, 2006
  14. Kevin John Panzke

    Rock Guest

    "Kevin John Panzke" wrote

    > Then why does Windows Vista RC1 give me a Compatibility Warning about
    > Avast 4.7 Home Edition? Just FYI!

    Geez, that's a known problem which Avast it working on with MS, and that's
    noted on the Avast site.. Otherwise it works fine. The latest version is
    4.7.883.

    --
    Rock [MVP Windows Shell/User]

    Rock, Sep 21, 2006
  15. > This is a Windows Vista RC1 Issue and is Not Off Topic, Just FYI.

    There's a difference between an off-topic post, and a pointless post.
    Re-read the first message you've started this thread with, take a step back,
    and ask yourself whether this is contributing anything towards the
    development of Vista.

    If you run into issues, fine, post them; this is what this newsgroup is all
    about. But please take the time to gather your thoughts first and post
    maybe a recap after the fact. Just don't start threads with a message
    saying you've clicked on setup.exe, followed by another message saying
    you've clicked Next, and another saying you've clicked Finish. Your
    messages have to be useful to someone. Otherwise, their best place is on a
    blog, where only those interested in the minute details of your life can
    keep going back for more.

    If you're going to suggest using a killfile, then I'd respond by saying that
    the reason so many people killfile your posts is...you.

    Homer J. Simpson, Sep 21, 2006