    assistance. Thank you.

    Regards
    hash

    hash, Aug 21, 2007

  2. "hash" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello
    >
    > I use Outlook 2007 and Vista Ultimate.
    >
    > I installed Google Desktop Search Outlook Addin. I then did System
    > Restore as I did not want Google Desktop.
    >
    > Now everytime I open Outlook I get the following message :
    > ' The Add-in "Google Desktop Search Outlook Addin" (C:\Program
    > Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopOffice.dll) cannot be
    > loaded and has been disabled by Outlook. Please contact the Add-in
    > manufacturer for an update. If no update is available, please uninstall
    > the Add-in.
    >
    > I don't know how to uninstall the Add-in. I'll be grtateful for any
    > assistance. Thank you.

    Tools - Trust Center - Add-Ins, at the bottom of the dialog, ensure COM
    Add-ins is selected and click Go. Find the Google add-in in the list, click
    it and hit Remove.

    --
    f.h.

    F. H. Muffman, Aug 21, 2007

  3. hash

    Peter Foldes Guest

    Did you look in Add\Remove

    --
    Peter

    Peter Foldes, Aug 21, 2007
  4. hash, you wrote on Tue, 21 Aug 2007 00:05:00 +0100:

    > Now everytime I open Outlook I get the following message :
    > ' The Add-in "Google Desktop Search Outlook Addin" (C:\Program
    > Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopOffice.dll) cannot be loaded
    > and has been disabled by Outlook. Please contact the Add-in manufacturer
    > for an update. If no update is available, please uninstall the Add-in.

    Search for the file "extend.dat" and delete it. This file is usually
    stored in

    C:\Documentes and Settings\%Username%\Local Settings\Application
    Datas\Microsoft\Outlook

    --
    Best Regards
    Christian Goeller

    Christian Goeller, Aug 21, 2007
  5. hash

    Rockerraina

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    I've tried both of these solutions and neither one has worked?

    I'm havingthe same issue...that annoying message everytime I open my outlook.

    I've tried both solutions but it's still occuring...please help! :)

    Thank you!

    Rockerraina, Sep 17, 2008
  6. hash

    Ro B

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Fix one, got another!

    Christian,
    Tried your suggestion & finally got rid of the "Add-In" message; however, now I am getting a message "The messaging interface as returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook" whenever I try to delete anything from my Delete File. Of course, restarting Outlook resolves nothing.

    Any suggestions?? I really need to empty my Delete File, and I am stumped!

    Ro B, Jan 12, 2009
  7. hash

    pastol

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I corrected the original problem using Muffman's instructions, except that instead of selecting COM Add-ins, I selected (from the dropdown) Exchange Client Extensions, then unchecked the Google Desktop Search entry and saved it. No problems since.

    pastol, Mar 21, 2009
  8. hash

    sloglaw

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I too took the Muffman route but no success. Tried the variation posted by pastol and all seems fine now. Thanks.

    sloglaw, Apr 23, 2009
  9. hash

    KPNutty

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I had been looking for a solution to this problem for a while. I joined this site and have found the help I needed I tried Muffman's instruction and unfortunately it did not work, but I read the rest of the postings and found Pastol's posting and this worked. Thanks

    KPNutty, Jun 10, 2009
  10. hash

    SOHO Computers

    Joined:
    Jul 22, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    If you are using Exchange then :

    Within Outlook, click TOOLS, Trust Center, Add Ins then at the bottom of the screen, click Manage: Exchange Client Extension and uncheck the offending add in.
    Good Luck

    SOHO Computers, Jul 22, 2009
  11. hash

    gpellis

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    outlook addin problem

    Your suggestion was right on! It solved my problem with the google search addin in my outlook 2007.
    Thanks...gpellis

    gpellis, Aug 14, 2009
  12. hash

    Lexington

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thank you thank you thank you

    I too have been struggling with the Google Desktop search outlook error for months. Your suggestion to use tools:trust center:addins:Manage exchange server worked so slick i had to wonder why nobody else seemed to know about it. (although i can imagine as with all things microsoft that there are as many variations to the problem as there are microsoft programmers!) SOHO Computers ..... thank you!

    Lexington, Feb 21, 2010
  13. hash

    RANCOTZ

    Joined: