Good Laser Printer??

Reaction score
I currently use an inkjet (Epson) printer but the cartridges cost a fortune so I would like to invest in a laser printer as I've been told its more economical. I only need it for printing out text (b&w)so doesn't have to be anything fancy. Can any of you reccommend some good buys as I don't know where to start!Thanks a lot!!

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Take a look at this Samsung one : http://pcreview.pgpartner.co.uk/search_getprod.php/masterid=9047928

Its around £50, so its one of the cheapest B&W lasers you can get, but its actually really good. I bought my mum one for printing leaflets in bulk, and its ideal. You can even refill them for about £5, which makes it even better value.

That sounds like amazing value - thanks for your reply.
L

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I have a Brother 2030 mono laser printer at the moment, good quality and very economical.

I paid £50.00 for it at the time, about nine months ago.

Before that I had a Samsung which was used extensively, almost daily, for five years or so before dying.

The Brother 2030 is also compatible with most Linux Distros, it has the same driver as it's bigger brother, the 2060, which is listed in both Suse 10 and Mandriva 2006.

Reaction score
Thanks, can't believe how cheap they are I paid about £250 for a b&w laser printer 6 years back and it lasted 3 years. I wasn't expecting to be able to pick one up for £50 wish I'd though about changing from my inkjet sooner. Thanks for suggestions guys.

L

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Here's a link to the Brother HL2030: 2030

It's £58.00 now, I remember mine was a special offer from Misco when I paid £50.00.

Mine's actually dark grey on top and light grey at the sides, the opposite to the current colour scheme.

Good luck with whatever you decide to purchase :)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I have used Samsung and it is giving good service in the office. There is an HP 1020 which is very resonably priced and should give good service from what I have heard, anyone have any inout on that?

Ask a Question