    searching for this problem.

    Thanks,
    Mike

    Mike M., Apr 11, 2008

  2. I don't recall ever seeing a message like this.

    If you open excel in safe mode:
    close excel
    windows start button|Run
    type
    excel /safe
    then file|Open

    do you get the same message?

    If the problem doesn't go way, then ignore this message!

    But if the problem goes away, are you ready to do some detective work to find
    out the culprit?

    Chip Pearson has some notes on how to diagnose startup errors:

    And Jan Karel Pieterse has more notes:
    http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/StartupProblems.asp

    Essentially, you'll turn off all the addins/startup workbooks and then open
    excel. And then turn on each addin (closing and reopening) one at a time to
    find the culprit.

    --

    Dave Peterson

    Dave Peterson, Apr 11, 2008

  3. ps. What is the extension for the file that you're opening?

    If it's .xls, are you sure you saved as a normal workbook?

    --

    Dave Peterson

    Dave Peterson, Apr 11, 2008