Getting a new TV but which one?

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Hey all, thinking of getting a new telly due to the incomming PS4 and my old Samsung looking bulky and dated.

Thinking of getting this:
UE40F6510.jpg

From richer sounds of course as they are just down the road and offer a 5 year garantee.

I am a Samsung fan boy as I love the quality and have had bad experience with Sony (albeit low end Sony so not the fairest to judge).

Anyone sway me to something different. Budget is £700

Reaction score
I love the thin, thin bezels on a TV it makes it for me

The ones with big runways all around in my eyes are ugly as sin

£700? Hmmmm

You have my mouth watering now. Lol Mine is only 12monthold or so but I want a bigger one already

How about this one

Samsung 46F6670

Actually saying that it does retails for about 1100. The price I quoted is what I could get it for Ooops

Heres some from Tesco

http://www.tesco.com/direct/lg-47in...led-tv/341-1200.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=341-1200

http://www.tesco.com/direct/samsung...iew-hd/128-6775.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=128-6775

All of em are here

http://www.tesco.com/direct/technol...sions_visnavstamp_slot3#scrollTo=112;pageNo=1

Last edited:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Samsung seem to be getting all the accolades at the moment.

Stick with them. :thumb:

Reaction score
Yeha they are good.

I have a Toshiba one at present

Good TV for what I paid for it :D ;)

Was 650 ish Got it for 495

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
We'll budget blew out the sky really, just dropped £1500 on a 46" 8 series :-/ . I'll get some pictures up when it's all set up. Also got a sound bar to replace me stereo at the same time as the stereo takes up too much room!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Good choice on TV! :thumb:

Be very careful when getting the sound bar as some of them sound horrible even if they are plastered with big names on the front panel. :nod:

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
The soundbar is a sandstrom which I've never heard of but it sounded amazing for the price and size. I wanted the new samsung beast of a bar but it was 4 times the price of the sandstrom

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
The soundbar is a sandstrom which I've never heard of but it sounded amazing for the price and size. I wanted the new samsung beast of a bar but it was 4 times the price of the sandstrom

I have also hever heard of sandstorm but if you liked the sound and it suits your budget go ahead. Check out some reviews though as you may come across some info which may affect your buying decision in case others have found issues with it. The big issue with unknown brands is reliability and support system. I am playing the devil's advocate here and not trying to be negative in any way. :nod:

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
It has blue tooth connectivity so i hooked my phone up to it and was still knocked back by the sound quality. It doesnt look or feel cheap but no way near the quality of the samsung one i wanted. I need to get a new tv stand before i can hook it up though, i want a stand where thr tv is lifted by a pole at the back if possible.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I have also hever heard of sandstorm but if you liked the sound and it suits your budget go ahead. Check out some reviews though as you may come across some info which may affect your buying decision in case others have found issues with it. The big issue with unknown brands is reliability and support system. I am playing the devil's advocate here and not trying to be negative in any way. :nod:

No Quad its a Sandstrom not a sandstorm thats probs why you have never heard of it..:lol:

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Heres a little box which was inside the box for the telly:

Some goodies inside, 2 remotes and 2 pairs of 3D goggles:

The normal remote on the right and the SMART remote on the left with a laptop like touchpad:

Its small but quite heavy:

A pretty rubbish picture of it on the new stand I had to get as it was too big for me old stand!:

Overall its a beautiful TV but I think it looks better off than on. The picture quality is just as good as my 5 year old Samsung 530, I was expecting more. It is without a doubt the best looking TV out there though, not worth the monies unfortunately. Need my PS4 to come so I can try some Blu-Rays and 1080p gaming :D

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
all except the main remote ;-). Was playing angry birds on it earlier with hand gestures. You have to grab the birds by clenching your fist then pull back then release by unclenching your fist, must look like a right looney

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
all except the main remote ;-). Was playing angry birds on it earlier with hand gestures. You have to grab the birds by clenching your fist then pull back then release by unclenching your fist, must look like a right looney

WOW!! Sounds like an awesome telly. Gonna look more into it.

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
RE: smart TVs... LG just got caught:

LG investigates Smart TV 'unauthorised spying' claim

From THE ORIGINAL BLOG POST:

Good Morning

Thank you for your e-mail.

Further to our previous email to yourself, we have escalated the issues you reported to LG's UK Head Office.

The advice we have been given is that unfortunately as you accepted the Terms and Conditions on your TV, your concerns would be best directed to the retailer. We understand you feel you should have been made aware of these T's and C's at the point of sale, and for obvious reasons LG are unable to pass comment on their actions.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind Regards

Tom
LG Electronics UK Helpdesk
Tel: 0844 847 5454
Fax: 01480 274 000
Email: (e-mail address removed)

UK: [premium rate number removed] Ireland: 0818 27 6954
Mon-Fri 9am to 8pm Sat 9am-6pm

Sunday 11am - 5pm

vintage_cowboy_toy_gun_hand_in_the_.jpg

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Finally got it all set-up properly. The first sound bar died in transit but PC World took it back and gave me a new one with no quibbles! I even forgot to give the old remote and leads back, and I'd already slung the box in the recycling!

I got the stand from Costco and its brilliant (although took 3 hours to assemble), its got a drawer under the top shelf which has acres of room, so handy. There's a brilliant cable management system too as the stem which holds the TV is hollow so it currently contains 4 HDMI leads (DVD, Media player, Tivo, Wii U), optical lead, power lead, wii sensor bar lead and samsung sensor bar lead.

The sub woofer is hidden behind Theodores toy box, can just see it.

Plenty of room for the inpending PS4 :blush::

Ask a Question