front page 2000 and videos

Hi
I have front page 2000.
There is an option to add a video.
So i go insert - video that all goes well.
If it is an mpeg file when i try and save it tells me some thing about
authors.
So itry AVI file that is ok but it don't upload to the server.The HTML code
is there when i check but doing nothing.
So i try to import the file the same thing about authors.
I thought it was xp but tried it on the other pc that the front page came
with and does the same thing.
I checked help files and that said go tools - security, but security stays
grey i can not click it.
Thanks
Paula

Steve Easton

Are the files over 1mb in size??
There is a known file size issue with FP 2000.

As for security settings, they are only available when you're logged on to the live server.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

Jens Peter Karlsen[FP MVP]

Partial error messages are of no use.
Always Import videos to your Web Site before inserting in a page.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

Hi Steve
Thanks very much , i sized it down to under 1mb.But instead of using the
insert option i copied and pasted the file into front page and then copied
and pasted into my web page.It works much better as the video now opens in
media player insted of being inserted in the page.
For future use is there anything i can do about the file size issue so that
i can load files bigger than 1mb ???
Thanks
Paula

Hi
It would not let me import the video with out getting the error message.
I did resolve the problem but had to size the file down.Annoying but that's
the only way i could get it on there.
Do you know how i can resolve the file issue in fp 2000 or is there not a
solution ??
Thanks
Paula

Jens Peter Karlsen said:
Partial error messages are of no use.
Always Import videos to your Web Site before inserting in a page.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.
Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Conversation: front page 2000 and videos
Subject: front page 2000 and videos

Hi
I have front page 2000.
There is an option to add a video.
So i go insert - video that all goes well.
If it is an mpeg file when i try and save it tells me some
thing about authors.
So itry AVI file that is ok but it don't upload to the
server.The HTML code is there when i check but doing nothing.
So i try to import the file the same thing about authors.
I thought it was xp but tried it on the other pc that the
front page came with and does the same thing.
I checked help files and that said go tools - security, but
security stays grey i can not click it.
Thanks
Paula

Steve Easton

As it stands right now there is not a fix for this bug in FP 2000.
You might try, dropping the larger file in the web using windows explorer and then linking to it.

However, FrontPage "may" balk at publishing the file to the server.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

Thomas A. Rowe

It is not a bug in FP2000, as I have no problems with 1 MB + files under any version of FP and
Windows XP home or pro, it has to do with some update or system configuration.

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Tom Pepper Willett

I use FP 2003, Office 2003 (SP1) WinXP Pro, with *all* windows and office
updates (except WinXP SP2) , FP2002 extensions on my pc, FP 2000 extensions
on the Win2K server, without any problems.

I never had any problems with previous versions.
--
===
Tom "Pepper" Willett