Program: Convert LIT (clit)
Author: Digital Rights Software
Install: CLI
Ware: Freeware
http://www.convertlit.com/

<q>
Welcome to Convert LIT's home! This is the official site for news,
information and downloads related to Convert LIT, the program which
allows you to convert Microsoft Reader format eBooks into open format
for use with software or devices which are not directly compatible with
Microsoft's Reader.
</q>

--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

frank

Program: Convert LIT (clit)
Author: Digital Rights Software
Install: CLI
Ware: Freeware
http://www.convertlit.com/

<q>
Welcome to Convert LIT's home! This is the official site for news,
information and downloads related to Convert LIT, the program which
allows you to convert Microsoft Reader format eBooks into open format
for use with software or devices which are not directly compatible with
Microsoft's Reader.
</q>

And for those uncomfortable with command-line tools, here's a GUI:

Home Page: http://dukelupus.pri.ee/convertlit.php

Download: http://dukelupus.pri.ee/download.php?f=1067454384 (476.18 KB)

<quote>
ConvertLIT GUI is a graphical user interface for the wonderful command-
line tool ConvertLIT. With ConvertLIT, you can extract files from
Microsoft proprietary ebook format .lit (see
http://www.microsoft.com/reader/ for more information), you can also
downconvert (ie remove DRM protection) and inscribe lit files.

Why did I create ConvertLIT GUI? While I have no problems with using
command-line tools, there are a lot of computer illiterate people to whom
using them is comparable with hacking into CIA. Also, it allowed me to
add some user-friendly things, like batch processing and automatic output
folder creation.

For a first thing, please note that I am not the author of convertlit.
All credit for it goes to Dan Jackson and an anonymous programmer who
made the first version of convertlit.

Install package of ConvertLIT GUI includes the command-line convertlit
v1.8.

Remember to run ReaderKeyRecoveryTool (you can access it via File menu)
if you are working with encrypted titles.
</quote>

Screenshots and instructions on the home page.

john

the one I have from the link I provided does have a GUI.

--
Disclaimer: This info is given "as is".
If you do not like the content or attitude of my posts,

LordMax

Hi

Thanks for link but:
It's not completely free
It's only a converter not a reader.
I don't want convert 'cause some ebook are copyright protected

john

It is complety free...

You have to face reality....

you wont have any luck finding a reader for linux for LIT since its a
microsoft format.

There is no JAVA reader for that format.

So my advice is the best you can get. If you dont like it tough.

Olaf Greck

john said:
you wont have any luck finding a reader for linux for LIT since its a
microsoft format.

There is no JAVA reader

Aren't the three mutual exclusive? I mean "Linux and Java" is ok to
expect, but the rest ...

SCNR

Olaf

Renan

written:
you wont have any luck finding a reader for linux for LIT since its a
microsoft format.

I guess the Windows reader could run on Linux using WINE, but it would
be a lot of work.