Windows 10 Free Upgrade to end soon

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up TD but as a Linux Mint user now don't think I will be going back to Windows any time soon:p

Reaction score
I am still undecided, but as will be replacing pc in the next 12-18 months might wait until then.
Unless of course I need to.....or waiting until have too.........what do people think??

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm happy I upgraded to Windows 10 - but if you're unsure, make a backup and then give it a try :). It's technically possible to downgrade after making the jump, but a backup will have you covered if that fails.

Reaction score
Me , myself and I are very unsure. I am very happy with W7 @ present

I do have the W10 install ISO, so I may give it a go in near future.
I know of sooo many people that have had issues after installing

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
If ever a more sceptical user changed from Win 7 to Win 10 it was I.

But I did, I'm used to it now and I like most things about it.

I would recommend some alternative start software, there are several available, I use Start 10 which cost me around £3.50 but I hear good things about Classic Shell, which is free.

I am aware that Microsoft are 'spying' on me 24/7 with Win 10 and that I can't disable all of it but if I want to do a little 'clandestine' browsing I use Linux.

Bottom line is - Win 7, good as it is/was, is now 7 years old, Win 10 is current and rolling.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Windows XP is older. I'm still using that aswell ;)

So am I. Have an install on a 74Gb WD Raptor, mostly just to play Race Driver TOCA 3, Nocturne and a few other games that only work with XP.

To install XP on a modern machine I had to slipstream the AHCI drivers into the install CD. I was also reminded of just how unstable XP was, I recall having to do a clean install every 18 months or so.

It wasn't that great

Reaction score
I've just upgraded from Windows 7 and am very happy:) :D

I've used PCs installed with Windows 8.1 and I dislike the start menu filling the whole screen. :mad: :( Coming from windows 7 it's quite different. Of course they changed it back in 10.

Cortana's helpful but I don't buy Edge - I'll stick with Chrome!:fool:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... I still have the floppy discs for Win for Workgroups & Dos 6.2.

now where did I put the floppy disk drive ... oh wait, no floppy disk controller on MB. DAMN !

:user:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I tried W10 a few times and just couldn't get used to it. Then upgraded a couple of weeks ago and I am starting to like it. I still have 1 desktop which has W7 which I use a good bit and for my laptop I have a Macbook Pro. W10 aint as bad as I thought it was when I firs tried it. :)

Ask a Question