    DoodleBoard is a message board style which can be integrated into your
    blog/homepage and it allows you and your visitors to post text and photo
    messages!

    Andrew, Aug 4, 2003

  2. Andrew

    Boomer Guest

    Re: Free photo message board for you to share your photos online! OT

    Andrew said:

    > Share your photo moments! Check us out at
    > http://www.doodle-board.com. DoodleBoard is a message board style
    > which can be integrated into your blog/homepage and it allows you
    > and your visitors to post text and photo messages!

    *Online*. Not freeware.

    Sorry, but OT here.

    Boomer, Aug 4, 2003

  3. Andrew

    Boomer Guest

    Andrew said:

    > Share your photo moments! Check us out at
    > http://www.doodle-board.com. DoodleBoard is a message board style
    > which can be integrated into your blog/homepage and it allows you
    > and your visitors to post text and photo messages!

    I apologize. My bad.

    Your software is free for your online Doodle-Board.

    Thanks.

    Boomer, Aug 4, 2003
  4. Andrew wrote:

    > <snip>

    Hi Andrew, thanks for responding. Would you care to address any of the
    more substantive issues?

    1. Is it true that photos are only available in the pay service
    (despite the subject line *you* gave this thread)?

    2. How does the service work? Is it a link between my web page and
    your web site? Is there software I have to install on my web server?
    If so, what web servers are supported?

    3. Also, John found the terms of service document, which inlcudes this
    clause:

    "DoodleBoard may, from time to time, transmit or send emails/messages
    to its members to as part of its administration or promotion efforts.
    You agree to receive these emails/messages."

    Is there no way to opt-out of marketing emails?

    Terry

    Terry Orchard, Aug 5, 2003
  5. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    "Terry Orchard" <> wrote in message
    > Andrew wrote:
    >
    > > <snip>

    > Hi Andrew, thanks for responding. Would you care to address any of the
    > more substantive issues?
    >
    > 1. Is it true that photos are only available in the pay service
    > (despite the subject line *you* gave this thread)?

    Yes, however if you did read the main page, all members are offered FREE
    PERMANENT account status NOW as part of our launch.. now u tell me, isnt
    that free?

    > 2. How does the service work? Is it a link between my web page and
    > your web site? Is there software I have to install on my web server?
    > If so, what web servers are supported?

    Just add 2 lines of html code to your homepage / blog and that's it.

    > 3. Also, John found the terms of service document, which inlcudes this
    > clause:

    > "DoodleBoard may, from time to time, transmit or send emails/messages
    > to its members to as part of its administration or promotion efforts.
    > You agree to receive these emails/messages."
    >
    > Is there no way to opt-out of marketing emails?

    We need a valid email address to be entered because this will help us
    prevent but not completely alleviate the problem of members signing up for
    multiple accounts. When a member signs up, an email is sent to his email
    address and he will have to click on a link to confirm his membership. Good
    point there. we DO NOT spam or sell any email address so we should change
    the TOS to read :

    > "DoodleBoard may, from time to time, transmit or send emails/messages
    > to its members to as part of its administration efforts.
    > You agree to receive these emails/messages."

    Terry, you may be sceptical about our efforts to introduce this service to
    users, but this doesnt mean that others may not find it useful. So quit
    flaming us

    Andrew, Aug 5, 2003
  6. Andrew

    John Corliss Guest

    Andrew wrote:

    > Terry, you may be sceptical about our efforts to introduce this service to
    > users, but this doesnt mean that others may not find it useful. So quit
    > flaming us

    Andrew, the whole point is that you are not talking about freeware. A
    free service is not freeware and this group is for the discussion of
    freeware only. There are, however, more appropriate groups for you to
    announce your service in I'm sure.

    --
    Regards from John Corliss
    alt.comp.freeware F.A.Q.:

    John Corliss, Aug 6, 2003
  7. Andrew

    John Corliss Guest

    Andrew wrote:

    > Well, am I, as the developer, oblidged to give away my address and personal
    > contacts just to prove that my web service is authentic?

    If somebody's going to be upgrading to your pay service, they have a
    right to know that you're not going to take their money and run.

    > We are truly
    > offering a web service to users who are keen on having a message board, so
    > while we respect your wish not to join, it makes no sense to flame us just
    > because we don't publish our contacts.

    Got something to hide? 80)> And again, where is the freeware?

    John Corliss, Aug 6, 2003
  8. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    *yawn*

    Ok case close. We have nothing to hide and I accept your proposition that
    this is not the appropriate place to announce our service.

    Andrew, Aug 6, 2003
  9. Andrew

    Boomer Guest

    Andrew said:

    > *yawn*
    >
    > Ok case close. We have nothing to hide and I accept your
    > proposition that this is not the appropriate place to announce our
    > service.

    <Jumping in here>

    Thank you.

    Sincerely