Free Free Free game..... Fear Combat

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
So this is what a REAL freebie looks like, someone should tell feckit :)

Reaction score
Damm a real "Free" offer

Reefsmoka said:
So this is what a REAL freebie looks like, someone should tell feckit :)
My "freebies" are used to get people to look at the link for becoming Crunchers, so far i have had one person sign up, thats may be 1 more than if i had not.:thumb: :cool:
Reefsmoka are you interested in Crunching at all for the PCReviewII Crew!:rolleyes:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Woohoo, thankee Mr Rush :thumb:

I shall have some of that :)

1.77Gb takes me about 2.5 hours to dowload so I shall do that overnight.

Anybody tried it yet? Any good?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Just wasted 3 hours playing this :)

At first the game crashed but upgrading Nvdia graphics drivers 91.31 to 91.47 seems to have cured that prob.

I go, as ever, by the name of 'Slippery' and best server I've found so far is called 'OneBADDeathmatch'.

Haven't won any maps in deathmatch yet but have come second and managed a few killing sprees.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ok, been kinda addicted to this thing, been playing it on and off since about 3pm.

Conclusion: It may be free, but it's buggy.

I noticed towards the end of my download, the main program finished downloading and then a patch was downloaded. That patch integrated with main program.

I think they need another patch.

Overall, it's ok, but I've had servers drop me, the Microsoft error window, bodies hanging in mid air, lag, and when I allowed a few extra maps to be downloaded the game wouldn't even load, I had to uninstall/reinstall.

I'm running at 1600 x 1200, I don't think that's a problem, I just feel there's a few bugs to be ironed outta this thing.

To backup this statement, I get absolutely no probs running CoD1; CoD2 and UT2004 at same res.

Still, all in all, it's good online gaming and it's for free, although you could argue multiplayer should have been included in the original retail version of FEAR, most games do that.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I played it for the 1st time earlier, lag free, couldnt find any bugs and had a pretty good time.

I did only play 2 maps though on 1 server, I might of got lucky.

No matter what online game I play, I always try to find a 16 slot euro server for a completely lag free experience.

Ask a Question