    They have CapturePerfect version 3 nicely posted there within the
    driver libraries - free for the taking.

    Thought you should know....

    Muffy, Mar 9, 2006

  2. Muffy

    Wilfred Guest

    Muffy wrote:
    > Canon, Canon, Canon....
    >
    > They want to sell you the upgrade for moving from Version 2 that comes
    > with your scanner to the new Version 3 for what $60!
    >
    > I guess they think those damn Americans just have too much money.
    > But under Support & Download on the Canon Asian site
    > http://www.canon-asia.com/
    >
    > They have CapturePerfect version 3 nicely posted there within the
    > driver libraries - free for the taking.

    What is CapturePerfect? My Canon 9950F came with software called 'Scan
    Gear' and 'CanoScan Toolbox'. If I select my scanner on the website you
    mention, it only gives me updates for those two programs, not for
    CapturePerfect.

    --

    Wilfred van der Vegte.
    e-mail: first five letters of my first name at gmx dot net

    Wilfred, Mar 9, 2006

  3. Muffy

    gaia41

    Joined:
    Nov 26, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Capture perfect is still free...

    If your looking for capture perfect on the asia download site, its not there anymore.

    You can still find it on the canon usa site as an upgrade.

    Go here and download the capture perfect upgrade.
    http://www.usa.canon.com/opd/controller?act=OPDSoftwareAct&fcategoryid=2341&modelid=9537

    Extract it to a folder on your desktop.

    The setup program will check your computer to see if capture perfect is already installed. To get around that you'll need to manually extract the Data1.cab...

    You'll need a utility to do that:
    http://legroom.net/software/uniextract

    Use uniextract on the cab and you'll get a folder with all the files needed to use capture perfect. double click on Cappe3.exe and your using the most recent version of capture perfect for free.

    gaia41, Nov 26, 2008
  4. Muffy

    Viper_iii

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Almost!.... Seems the updated their package so that it can't be extracted by uniextract... (uniextract a little behind on updates it seems...)

    However it works great with this:(command line extractor but worked flawlessly Just like you said it would!)

    http://www.myplc.com/sony/i6comp_howto.htm

    Viper_iii, Mar 18, 2010
  5. Muffy

    CP3

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    I extracted but no luck

    Hello Viper,

    How did you get it to work? I can now open Capture Perfect and it looks as though everything is fine, BUT, but once I try to select the scanner it ultimately gives me a "no device found" message. I know the problem is not with the scanner or the connection, because it works fine on my other computer with an install from the install form the original disc file (which I have now lost). Any ideas? Thanks.

    CP3, Mar 25, 2010
  6. Muffy

    CP3

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0

    CP3, Mar 25, 2010
  7. Muffy

    Zfield

    Joined:
    May 13, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I'm having problems too with not being able to see the scanner. Even in Acrobat and ACDseePro 3 I am unable to see the DR-2050C. It does show up in device manager. I was just given the scanner and I downloaded all the drivers from the canon site here.

    If someone had information on how I could get this thing to work with any software, I would be glad.

    BTW, I'm running WinXP x64 SP2. I also have a VM running WinXP Pro x86 SP3 and can't get it to work in that either.

    Zfield, May 13, 2010
  8. Muffy

    skyezone

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2010
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Capture perfect 3.0

    Hi Guys, was tearing my hair out trying to find Capture Perfect V 3.0. for days. Read your thread over and over... Canon Australia gave it to me today, wonderful. Here you go:
    http://www.service.canon.com.au/drivers/files/scan/capturev3082.zip

    I have a Canon scanner DR 2580C.
    unzipped it and without anything else it works perfectly .
    unzips to: c\ programs \Canon Electronics

    Note: I did have the DR-2580C Driver1.8.zip already installed.

    Hope it helps someone out there.
    Cheers
    Jennifer

    skyezone, Jul 14, 2010
  9. Muffy

    JUANT2

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0

    Jennifer, just wanted to thank you for posting that link. I also could not find the download and had a Customer that needed there scanner to work for their medical office. I appreciate you taking the time to share.

    Best Regards
    DW

    JUANT2, Aug 5, 2010
  10. Muffy

    skyezone

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2010
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi Zfield, not sure if my comments will help but here goes:
    1) Expect you have downloaded and upzipped : http://www.service.canon.com.au/dri...apturev3082.zip
    2) You might also need DR-2580C Driver1.8.zip ( I also run WinXP pro)
    Once unzipped and installed go to C:\Program Files\Canon Electronics\CapturePerfect 3.0\Cappe3.exe
    Either make a shortcut of 'Cappe3.exe' or drag to your task bar to access it easily.
    3) Launch Capture Perfect by selecting Cappe3.exe ( I renamed it to 'Canon_DR2580C_Scanner' So I know what the heck it is.) You'll probably be ok from there. So don't try to launch it from within Acrobat. It will do that for you automatically.

    Best wishes Cheers Jennifer. ( Adelaide Sth Aust if it would help to call and talk it through.)

    skyezone, Aug 8, 2010
  11. Muffy

    avramdpm

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I also have been looking for CapturePerfect software. I tried using the link to Canon in JuanT2's posting to download the file but I just get referred back to this same page in the Forum. I can't seem to locate the program. Any ideas?? Also, maybe retype the web site again so it is a complete web address without the elipses (...)

    avramdpm, Dec 15, 2010
  12. Muffy

    skyezone

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2010
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    New download site for capturev3082.zip

    Hi avramdpm,
    Oh see what you mean about the link. They must have moved it. Too big to email at 52.7Mb so have just uploaded it to my website. Hope it downloads OK from here:
    http://www.skyezone.net/capturev3082.zip

    Will leave it here for anyone who needs it.

    Repeating steps from the Aug post:
    2) You might also need DR-2580C Driver1.8.zip ( I run WinXP pro)
    Once unzipped and installed go to C:\Program Files\Canon Electronics\CapturePerfect 3.0\Cappe3.exe
    Either make a shortcut of 'Cappe3.exe' or drag to your task bar to access it easily.
    3) Launch Capture Perfect by selecting Cappe3.exe ( I renamed it to 'Canon_DR2580C_Scanner' So I know what the heck it is.) You'll probably be ok from there. So don't try to launch it from within Acrobat. It will do that for you automatically.

    All the best
    Jennifer

    skyezone, Dec 15, 2010
  13. Muffy

    lhagge

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Los Angeles, CA
    CaptureV3082 does work

    If you use a background download software, ie dap,winrar... even firefox will automatically start the download in the background even though the link eventually 404 errors out. look at the bottom of your taskbar or the status bar of your browser.
    Linda

    lhagge, Jan 5, 2011
  14. Muffy

    skyezone

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2010
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi guys, here tis on my site. Let me know if there are any problems:
    http://www.skyezone.net/capturev3082.zip

    unzips to: c\ programs \Canon Electronics

    Note: I did have the DR-2580C Driver1.8.zip already installed.

    Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
    skyezone, Jan 5, 2011
  15. Muffy

    Mr_Stollar

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi, Just tried the above link, but I get a blank page, do you still have the software? thanks in advance. Daniel

    Mr_Stollar, Feb 8, 2011
  16. Muffy

    SL_MD

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have a Cannon DR-1210C. Just as you said, first install the driver, then download CapturePerfect 3.0 per above and install. It works like a charm. thank you very much.

    Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
    SL_MD, Apr 26, 2012
  17. Muffy

    glaucks

    Joined:
    May 17, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Is there anyway to make Capture Perfect (followed all the steps and it works) use a canon MP560? It's a multi-function, print / scan / copy. I hate the software it came with but I love and am familiar with capture perfect. How do you make Capture Perfect "SEE" my MP560?

    glaucks, May 17, 2012
  18. Muffy

    redheadedrobert

    Joined:
    Nov 30, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thank you so much! I downloaded the DR-2050C driver package for windows 7 from the Canon Europe site, the ZIP file of Capture Perfect from your link, installed the driver, connected the DR-2080C which was recognized, extracted and installed Capture Perfect, and now I'm happily scanning!

    redheadedrobert, Nov 30, 2012
  19. Muffy

    fantomvivi

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi,

    I came across this thread and managed to successfully install Capture Perfect 3.0
    However, this is my first time with the software and I was wondering if it works only with Canon Scanners. FYI, I use Fujitsu, Kodak, and Epson Scanners and none of them show up on the software. Any help is appreciated.

    fantomvivi, Jan 18, 2013
  20. Muffy

    samsumner

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    When I go to the site: (www).service.canon.com.au (etc.) I am asked for a login. Is there an available login/PW, or is there another place I can get this file? I had the disc wneh I bought my scanner, but have somehow lost it. THANKS!

    samsumner, Aug 8, 2013