Bargain Free 02 Sim Cards, 02 Being Stingy!

Reaction score
On the topic of O2...

I have just cancelled my contract with T-Mobile - i'm suprised they let me do it because i had only just renewed it for 18 months, and they gave me a free K700i! My contract was about £20 a month for 13 hours off peak national and T-mobile, 50 texts as standard, and 50 added on.

Called them to cancel it and they straight away offered to knock £10 off my bill per month - forever OR agree to put me on a better (Online, new customers only) tariff which i had been refused for by customer services the previous day. This REALLY annoyed me - to get such a deal you have to speak to the cancellations department. As tempting as it was, i decided to go ahead and cancel.

Though T-Mobile are the only provider to give any decent signal where i live, i decided to give O2 a shot. Imrie reminded me of the hidden "Students Section" (www.O2.co.uk/students) and i went there and found i could get a Sony Ericsson K750i and Bluetooth Headset (the bundle worth over £300) for the discounted student price of £4.99 (Usually £39.99).

Got the Online 50 plan - 50 minutes any network any time, and 500 text messages for £19 ppm.

I think thats a pretty sweet deal...

Just have to see if their coverage in my area has improved...

Cheers for the link PSD :) You have done it again :)

Reaction score
good to hear your story Chris

i myself have been on t-mobile for many years now
im on the same contract type as u were on the 12.5 hours and 50 free texts
its costing me £3 a month,

i am due for my upgrade next month
will consider my options
not too sure about which phone I should get!

Reaction score
Oops... next door just informed me O2 have absolutely ZERO coverage in our lane... oh well.

£3 a month? Not fair!

Your best bet is to cancel your contract early, flog the phone, and get cancellations to make you a good deal on an online tariff.

Or go for O2 and get a K750i for £4.99

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Your best bet is to cancel your contract early, flog the phone, and get cancellations to make you a good deal on an online tariff.

Or go for O2 and get a K750i for £4.99

have to go agaisnt your suggestion there my old mucker

its the phone number that i have
i dont think anyone could store a better number in their phone book
not trying to show off but i am quite simply infatuated with my number!

im happy with this deal at the minute i just need a slitely better phone and im happy as larry!

Reaction score
Its no big deal to transfer your number - all you need is your "PAC" (like a migration code) and you can take your number to any network.

I will probably do that with mine at the moment, but not sure as my new O2 one is easy to remember.

Ask a Question