    information, I would be very appreciative.

    Thanks!

    Dustin

    Dustin K, Jul 19, 2005

  2. JR K Yoshikawa, Aug 1, 2005

  3. Dustin K

    Dustin K Guest

    Sorry...

    We have a AD domain. All but one DC's are Windows 2003, the other DC is
    Windows 2000.

    The File and Print Service for Netware installs fine (no errors).

    When the 2003 DC re-boots it can not start. The Server Manager (svrmgr)
    shows no Netware server's. When I try to start the service it reports that
    the Service is already running (Error 2182).

    When the 2000 DC re-boots it can start. I can see the Netware Service in the
    Server Manager (srvmgr). The service can stop and start without a problem.
    The problem is when I try to get the properties for a user the get the error
    "The RPC server in unavailable" and the NW tab is not available.

    I have tried the Microsoft Q251180 (I delete the key MNSEncryptionKey
    Secret - then reinstall the service).

    I do have an NT server in area that I could use, but that seems like a lot
    of work. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate them.

    Thanks!

    Dustin

    "JR K Yoshikawa" <> wrote in message
    > I think you should specify your Windows Server Version, and system

    details etc..

    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/.../professional/reskit/en-us/part5/proch24.mspx

    Dustin K, Aug 8, 2005
  4. Dustin K

    PPScriptor

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2005
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Raleigh, NC
    Dustin ... I am having the same issue on a WINDOW 2000 Server which up until recently was running FPNW just fine ... now the service will not start and says it is already started when a manual attempt to start it is made after the bootup ... did you ever find a solution to your issue? Whatever you found may help me. I appreciate any information you can provide ...

    PPScriptor, Oct 5, 2005
  5. Dustin K

    deejay.dfc

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    sorry I'm a newbie to forums,
    I had the *same* problem in a forest with multiple W2k domain controllers.
    Try to install FPNW first on the server with operation master role, then on the server on which you want to install FPNW. Not sure then if you could then uninstall FPNW on the operation master.
    hope it helped. CIAO

    deejay.dfc, Apr 11, 2006