Forum Upgrade

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
PC Review will be undergoing a major upgrade this weekend, starting on Sunday 15th Feb. We're going to be updating the forum software, but all of the data will remain intact :).

This is going to potentially take a long time to complete due to the amount of data to convert, so the forums will be in read only mode from the Saturday 14th to as late as Monday 16th Feb. I'm aiming to complete the upgrade as quick as possible, but a large part of the time will be sitting waiting for the new software to import the old data, which I can't speed up.

I'll make sure that the site has a notice about the upgrade on every page (for logged in users) so that it is obvious to everyone, in case this notice is missed.

The new software is far superior to the one we are using at the moment, and it's very easy to use. I'll post more about the improvements once we've migrated, but it comes with lots of nice features like auto-saving posts, so no losing data if you click back accidently or the browser crashes!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
3dfb55aad54797770e4680579a7dbc6291dbba1d433f26e4e3170ced9f08fa24.jpg

I'm sure it will all go without a hitch Ian. :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've done another test upgrade this week, and as the initial step takes almost 24 hours of just waiting, I've pulled the start of the upgrade forward to the 14th Feb - as all I need to do is click a button and wait for ages, so it may as well run overnight for a head start :).

Can't wait for this to go live :).

Ask a Question