Forum Avatars

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I thought as its a new year I would change my avatar for a new one. Found one I liked and made sure it was the right size etc, and when I tried to upload it, I got a message saying animations weren't allowed. Erm aren't all the forum avatars animations anyway ??

animated.png

This is the image I was trying to use

supertux.gif

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 15.6 KB (whichever is smaller).
You image is 120x102 and its 16.4KB. So t wont work anyway. :)

Gifs are animations, but most Avatars would be jpgs.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've had a look at the forum setting and it's set to disable animated profile pics for the main usergroups, as we've seen some huge filesize and distracting images in the past. That one you had isn't distracting, but it's hard to filter them out on a case by case basis so it was disabled overall a while back. :)

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I've had a look at the forum setting and it's set to disable animated profile pics for the main usergroups, as we've seen some huge filesize and distracting images in the past. That one you had isn't distracting, but it's hard to filter them out on a case by case basis so it was disabled overall a while back. :)

Oh well, rules is rules. Thanks for the reply's :D

Ask a Question