Forum Activity

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Any ideas on how to get these forums a little more lively? :)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Putting that sparkle back......

....is certainly the need of the hour. I have been thinking about this for sometimes and was wondering how many members we have onboard and how few messages are actually posted. If this remains same the number of members may just overtake the number of posts!

Time to sharpen our tools! I know sometime back there were some lucky draws and that attracted a lot of members to this forum but after the draw it was quiet again. Those who are interested in just lucky draws only will not likely post anything for sure. The key to the success of a forum is quality posts which may be interesting or informative and that is what prompts the reader to participate. What we need is to generate those and get folks to participate.

We should not wait for folks to generate that activity but do it ourselves. Lets have some input from others as well and what we can do to achieve our goal.

My idea is to have a target for all mods to post certain number of posts and try to generate activity and hope to get response from those who do visit the forum.

Lucky draws may work for a short time but after its over the activity is also down to nil.

What do you all say?

Reaction score
I think it is content we need really, i know I am being a bit useless on the content front but, I am somewhat lacking in time.

Reaction score
Mostly, it only seems to be the mods/staff members that post on a regular basis, with a few other having some rare posts here and there. I'm really out of ideas. One of them is a regular stream of content, but it's kind of hard when there are only two people working on it, me and Ian, and we don't have unlimited amounts of time to dedicate to the site.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The content should be building up (very slowly though), I have about 4 articles that will be up in the next 10 days :) (a bit of time off to work :D)... if you get any ideas to get the forums active, just keep posting them here. For the mean time, we'll just try and keep the forums active in each catagory and see how it goes :)

wildone

King of Modding
Reaction score
Here is something that may work.

This is my plan and I used it once when my server was acting up,create yourself a newsletter,somthing monthly as not to get on everyones nerves or so they dont think your trying to spam them to death,in that newsletter include the latest articles and news on the site.The first newsletter though,send a mass mail to everyone explaining thaqt your gonna start sending newsletters and include a link to there account and ask them to go there and subscribe or unsubscribe,the choice is there's and explain to them that is the only mail they will get unless they do so.I would do it for another major reason to,people forget where they go,I am the worst for this since I format monthly and without emails coming to me from sites I frequent,I would most definitly forget half.

wildone

Reaction score
Hey, check out my suggestion for an 'Ultimate system page'...maybe i should have posted it elswhere in the forums, but it was intended, among other things, as a way of providing more fodder to stimulate forum discussion.

Of course it could be a totally crap idea..but muckshifter seems to like it (thanks for my one and only response muckshifter!!)

I have checked out loads of these sites and their forums, but none have that type of overview of full system specs, and yet everyone (often me) is constantly asking: 'What should i buy?', 'What's the best?'

Another suggestion to keep the forums busy is moderators...do you have people who keep an eye on all the threads and keep things moving? (You probably do...I haven't checked everything out yet)...you'll get used to my banality eventually.

:crazy:

Reaction score
Update to my previous message here...since then, it appears that Ian C has responded as well...so the response level has increased by 100% !!! (I strongly suggest that everyone checks out the 'Ultimate System Page' Thread...it'll change your life...er...ok, I'll stop there.;)

Reaction score
I have placed a link to this site on my website. Perhaps other users who have websites could do likewise. Just a thought.

Nick

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Cheers Nick :)

I'm trying to give the site a big push again to get it active! Thanks for placing a link!

Reaction score
Well, the five posts needed to play the games has got me contributing.

The lengths a guy will go to for his daily fix of tetris! :spin:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Originally posted by soma

lol, I noticed the 5 posts ;)

I hope to see you in the forums more often ;)

Reaction score
Originally posted by soma

Yeah, me too, but it's curveball all the way. ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Originally posted by LeapingGnome
Yeah, me too, but it's curveball all the way. ;)

Curveball is my fav too - it just gets way to hard after level 7/start of 8 though!

Reaction score
What About An Article On How To Use The Forums Effectively!

As Like MySelf Some People Are New To Fourms And Lately I Have Been Fogetting Where I Posted What.. And Finding Things Posted To Me!.. Somtimes I Fear Im Bieng Rude To Someone By Ignoring Them.... Ha Haa .. Nope Im Just Probobly Lost In Another Search For Somthing That Was Posted The Day Before... See Now Im Really Confusing Myself :)

Sure The Tools Are There... But Alas I Dont Know How To Use Them To There Full Potential

I Think This May Attract (Or Should I Say May Keep The Attention Longer For New Members)

Is There Already An Article Addressing This Idea?... Is This Idea Madness?.... Am I Mad??.... Why Does Red Wine Give You A Bad Head?... And If The South And North Poles Melted.. Would We All Drown??
(Doctor.. Take This Man Away)!

Last edited:

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
No it don't. Unless you drink it by the pint I suppose, not really recommended.... ;)
So thats where i've been going wrong.. :p

And the whole Oxo cube thing, I didnt even notice ;).

Reaction score
Yep I Must Be Drinking Far To Much Of It!!.... I Shall Have To Try Shareing It Next Time..:)

It Does If You Mix It With Whiskey And Gin Too (Apparently)....... Yuk The Thought!

Ask a Question