    without this error. The data result is correct, but why the
    error?

    Thanks.

    John Prendergast, Feb 7, 2004

  2. John Prendergast

    Frank Kabel Guest

    Hi John
    nothing to worry about. Excel is just getting 'smarter'. As the error
    message stated there are probably values in A9 and/or A16. As Excel
    recognizes this and is assuming a SUM function would include theses
    cells it tagges your formula.

    If you're annoyed by this feature, copen the listbox attached to this
    tag symbol, choose 'Options' and disable the error messages of your
    choice

    Frank

    Frank Kabel, Feb 7, 2004

  3. John Prendergast

    Guest Guest

    sure there wasn't more serious problem.

    Guest, Feb 7, 2004
  4. John Prendergast

    Gord Dibben Guest

    anon

    You can prevent the flags from showing up if you choose or pick which type of
    error you want to flag.

    Tools>Options>Error Checking.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

    Gord Dibben, Feb 7, 2004