    which could cause problems. Several files (d3dx8d.dll, d3dx9d.dll, d3d9d.dll,
    etc.) are debug versions, which will run slower than the retail version. You
    should reinstall DirectX to get the latest version.

    Guest, Nov 24, 2004

    Jimmy S. Guest

    Hi Preston,

    Since DX9 incorporates itself intimately with your Windows system,
    it's going to be difficult to replace those debug versions without a repair.

    How To Repair Windows:
    Unplug from your Internet connection, and then repair Windows:
    using this method: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

    Afterwards, boot up your system, turn on your XP Internet Firewall,
    plug back into your Internet connection and install all Critical and
    Recommended updates from: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    Jimmy S., Nov 24, 2004