    to choose

    any sug

    Ken

    Guest, Oct 28, 2004

  2. These type of fonts are called "Monospaced" fonts. There are lots of them.

    There are three general families of fonts. Proportional fonts have a
    different character width for each character, Monospaced fonts have a
    uniform width for all characters and are analagous to the typewriter fonts
    of old and graphic fonts like Wingdings have images or graphical componenets
    in them.

    Pica, Elite and Courier are monospaced fonts. Search for others on the web.

    --
    Bob Powell [MVP]
    Visual C#, System.Drawing

    Answer those GDI+ questions with the GDI+ FAQ
    http://www.bobpowell.net/gdiplus_faq.htm

    The GDI+ FAQ RSS feed: http://www.bobpowell.net/faqfeed.xml
    Windows Forms Tips and Tricks RSS: http://www.bobpowell.net/tipstricks.xml
    Bob's Blog: http://bobpowelldotnet.blogspot.com/atom.xml

    "Ken" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I'm looking for the fonts whose character's size is the same no matter

    what
    > character is.
    >
    > this is because I'm printing a receipt and I need that each column has the
    > same lenght, just to make it look better.
    >
    > I only know Courier news has it, but I'm looking for more to have a

    variety

    Bob Powell [MVP], Oct 28, 2004

    Big Les Guest

    Big Les, Jan 2, 2010

    Big Les Guest

    Re: fonts with same length per character

    This is my first post and there was FAR FAR too much information to take in
    to get as far as this, so forgive me if I offend in any way.

    I am having a problem (and always have had) with my Excel 2002 in that
    whatever Font I specify, including all usual monospace fonts such as Courier
    and Courier New, the text still comes up as variably spaced.

    This does not happen on my old computer with Excel 5.

    (I have no reasons for downgrading to later versions)

    Big Les, Jan 2, 2010
  5. Re: fonts with same length per character

    Big Les schrieb:
    > This is my first post and there was FAR FAR too much information to take in
    > to get as far as this, so forgive me if I offend in any way.
    >
    > I am having a problem (and always have had) with my Excel 2002 in that
    > whatever Font I specify, including all usual monospace fonts such as Courier
    > and Courier New, the text still comes up as variably spaced.
    >
    > This does not happen on my old computer with Excel 5.
    >
    > (I have no reasons for downgrading to later versions)

    Well, this group is not about Excel related questions. As the name
    "microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.windowsforms" says, it's about
    writing applications based upon the MSFT .Net (dotnet) Framework.

    --
    Armin

    Armin Zingler, Jan 2, 2010
  6. Re: fonts with same length per character

    On 1/2/2010 4:11 PM, Big Les wrote:
    > This is my first post and there was FAR FAR too much information to take in
    > to get as far as this, so forgive me if I offend in any way.
    >
    > I am having a problem (and always have had) with my Excel 2002 in that
    > whatever Font I specify, including all usual monospace fonts such as Courier
    > and Courier New, the text still comes up as variably spaced.
    >
    > This does not happen on my old computer with Excel 5.
    >
    > (I have no reasons for downgrading to later versions)

    I believe you will have a better chance at an answer by asking in the
    Microsoft.Public.Excel newsgroup. This group is for programming
    questions with the Microsoft .Net framework, and is not necessarily
    related to Excel.

    --
    Mike

    Family Tree Mike, Jan 2, 2010