font for Canadian maple leaf

Discussion in 'Microsoft Frontpage' started by Guest, Jul 9, 2004.

    I want to place an image of a maple leaf next to text to indicate that it refers to a Canadian issue. None of the fonts I have include such a character. (I'd rather use the font character rather than a picture.) Can anyone suggest a font for this purpose? Thanks.

    Guest, Jul 9, 2004

  2. I have a font family called "geographic symbols" which has the maple leaf.
    However, everyone would have to have it installed on their computer in order
    to see it as text character on your web site. And, it's not a standard web
    safe font, so it's not likely to work for you. An image is about your only
    option.

    --
    ===
    Tom "Pepper" Willett

    Tom Pepper Willett, Jul 9, 2004

    Mike Mueller Guest

    CL,
    Use the image.

    A webpage will provide the font name and character# to your
    computer, but most likely the viewer of the page will not
    have that font so their browser will take it to their
    default font.

    There is a possibility of this working, but it is not
    likely. MS has a product called WEFT which can be used to
    install new fonts on a user's computer. However, this will
    only work with IE and the user must have IE set to download
    on demand and the user needs to say OK to the font install.
    Chances of all 3 of these being done is slim to none

    Mike

    Mike Mueller, Jul 9, 2004
  4. You could use the font that Tom suggested, use it to display, then take a screenshot of the maple leaf to use to turn it into a graphic. dunno if that would help or not.

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Crash_Gordon=AE?=, Jul 9, 2004
  5. You can use that suggested font, in your image program insert a text box, then
    insert the maple leaf char and boost the font size to 45pt or whatever (a
    reasonable size) then save as a jpg.

    I use this method all the time when using the webdings/wingdings fonts just
    create a text box in the image editor (Image Composer) and then save the file as
    jpg/gif.

    Use a similar method.

    "Crash GordonĀ®" <ask_for_my_email@I'm_sick_of_spamandviruses.com> wrote in
    message news:...