Folder Redirection and Shares

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server' started by Guest, Mar 8, 2005.

    After the "My Documents" folder has been redirected to a central location,
    can a sub-folder of that redirected folder be shared out?

    Guest, Mar 8, 2005

  2. Hi Hottentott,

    I'm by no means an expert in this subject matter of Folder Redirection, but
    you may want to review the following article and other embedded articles
    within this one:

    321805 Folder Redirection Does Not Succeed When You Specify Mapped Network
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=321805

    --
    Hope this helps,
    Mike Rosado

    <http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

    Mike Rosado [MSFT], Mar 8, 2005

    Yeah...I already saw those articles. Although one of the sub-articles says,
    "Currently, the use of mapped network drives and environment variables is
    not supported in folder redirection". So, I think that's the answer. It's
    just not supported.

    Thanks Mike for replying!

    Guest, Mar 8, 2005