    Tasks folder, or to copy an email from my InBox to my Calendar.

    --
    Alan

    alanb, Sep 10, 2008

  2. Reminders only fire from default folders - it has nothing to do with
    permissions. Go to folder list (ctrl+6) and see how many calendars are in
    your profile. Make sure you are using the default one.

    --
    Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

    Outlook Tips by email:

    newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

    Diane Poremsky [MVP], Sep 10, 2008

  3. alanb

    alanb Guest

    Diane:

    Under "My Calendars" I have the default Calendar as checked. It is the only
    one checked. I also have an Archive Calendar but it is not checked when I am
    trying set a reminder.

    --
    Alan

    alanb, Sep 10, 2008
  4. Does matter if its checked. Which calendar is the appointment in?

    Diane Poremsky [MVP], Sep 10, 2008
  5. alanb

    alanb Guest

    The regular/default Calendar folder which is the checked folder.

    Note that this error message also occurs when emails are copied to Task as
    well as emails copied Calendar, and Contacts copied to Calendar.
    --
    Alan

    alanb, Sep 10, 2008
  6. That was supposed to be:
    > Doesn't matter if its checked. Which calendar is the appointment in?

    not

    Diane Poremsky [MVP], Sep 10, 2008
  7. try restarting outlook with the /resetfolders switch.
    at start menu, run, type
    outlook.exe /resetfolders

    Diane Poremsky [MVP], Sep 10, 2008
  8. alanb

    alanb Guest

    Diane:

    OK---where is the RUN command in VISTA? I used to know exactly what to do
    in XP but still learning VISTA.

    HELP!?!?

    --
    Alan

    alanb, Sep 10, 2008
  9. alanb

    alanb Guest

    Diane:

    got Outlook restarted with the resetfolders switch. Still getting the same
    "error" message about folder not supproting reminders.

    Now what?

    --
    Alan

    alanb, Sep 10, 2008
  10. for others who might read the thread - in vista, you can type it in the
    start search field and press enter.

    Diane Poremsky [MVP], Sep 11, 2008