    user account and save files and start a new account, but
    before long there it is again, what can I do to fix and
    mainly prevent it, it happens with different programs??

    sheila, Jan 7, 2004

  2. sheila

    Ramesh [MVP] Guest

    Click Start | Run | type "regsvr32 /i shell32". Restart Windows.

    Or, see: Remove Common Tasks from Desktop:
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_commtask_desktop.htm

    --
    Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

    Internet Explorer Newsgroup FAQs:
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/IEFAQ.htm

    Using ToolbarCop to remove the unwanted Toolband, Toolbar Icons and BHO:
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/toolbarcop.htm

    "sheila" <> wrote in message news:07f901c3d4f4$c58d5af0$...
    I keep ending up with a folder bar just like the one when
    you open my computer, control panel, ect.,it ends up on
    my desktop when i close out of the program i was in, the
    only way I've found to get rid of it is to delete the

    Ramesh [MVP], Jan 7, 2004