Flash Player - Wistia storage

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone shed some light on this problem please.
Whenever Flash Player is accessed to play an embedded video I keep getting a 'message box' called Adobe Flash Player Settings which covers the centre of the video. It mentions something about embedded-ssl.wistia.co wants to store information on my computer, with 2 buttons, Allow or Deny. No amount of clicking on any of the buttons will make it disappear, hence I cannot watch the video properly.
A remedy was allegedly found on the net where one goes to Control Panel>Flash Player, and right click to access settings. However, when I right click on it, I get the message: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." That made me quite angry.....I'm the administrator and it's my flippin' computer...yet I'm not allowed access!!!
I tried un-installing and re-installing Flash, directly from Adobe, but still get the Wistia problem. Any advice to eliminate this persistent annoyance.
Thank you.
Mike

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
sorry, can't help ... Flash Player is not permitted within a 3,000,000 mile radius of my system ... fortunately, Chrome has its own version ... :)

Wistia looks as if it has 'invaded' your system.

I'd be checking with an on-line virus scanner, just to be sure. :)

Reaction score
I've checked for a virus/malware with Avast and Spybot but nothing showed up. I wish I could do without Flash but it's needed for some videos on Facebook and Daily Mail Online UK. Will Flash ever be eliminated as many would like........ Wistia seems to have a business website.......I'm going to check it out.
Thanks

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I can access and view The Daily Fail online, as well as Youtube and any other site that requires Flash ... dunno about TweetFace, I'm not social. :)

Not everyone likes Chrome. ;)

Reaction score
And you can view the videos on Daily Mail and Facebook without Flash? Wonder why I can't? I'm using Firefox at the moment cos I'm always hearing bad things about "Google" and "Chrome".

Ask a Question