    (AO115512.EXE, AO115514.EXE, SYSTEM 32\IDEMLOG.EXE) I've never had any
    problems with the security i use, and would like to hear what really happened
    here, all suggestions. thanks Ron

    Guest, Jan 1, 2006

  2. There's a pretty good chance that you've been hit by the current unpatched
    vulnerability in Microsoft Windows. See discussion here:
    1) microsoft's advisory

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/advisory/912840.mspx

    2) discussion, and leads to an unofficial (but safe and effective, I
    believe) patch:

    http://isc.sans.org/diary.php?compare=1&storyid=999

    You can get this quite easily by just choosing the wrong link after a
    search, for example.

    Bill Sanderson, Jan 2, 2006

  3. Let me argue with myself: You say that you've got Microsoft Antispyware
    with real-time protection running, and also AVG, presumably up to date?

    These two together should actually do a pretty good job of warning you if
    you get hit by the current unpatched vulnerability--at least in the ways it
    is presently being exploited.

    How about your Java version?

    Bill Sanderson, Jan 2, 2006