Firewall troubles (i think)

Reaction score
i can connect to the internet ok but now i cant connect to msn or steam. i think its a firewall issue, but could someone point me in the right direction?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You'll have to start from the beginning ;)

Which firewall are you using - the normal windows one or a 3rd party app? You're probably right, it will be a firewall issue most likely (so it should be easy to solve) :)

Reaction score
to my knowledge just the windows one..unless norton 2004 comes with one, then just windows.

Reaction score
thanks itsme :)
i was reading pcgamer and it showed me how to speeden up startup times, so when i did that i must of done something to the firewall.

Reaction score
michael 118 said:
i was reading pcgamer and it showed me how to speeden up startup times, so when i did that i must of done something to the firewall.

No problem;) when you install ZA it will ask whom to allow access to the net! so you can control it quite easily, dont forget to update when advised to do so;)

Reaction score
i have za now, but i still have the same problem i cant connect to msn (my default gateway is offline, it says) and steam also cant connect, with what i assume is the same problem as msn. any more ideas?

Reaction score
Open ZA [double click it] go to Firewall> advanced > make sure >[Disable windows firewall] is ticked;)

Reaction score
Open ZA > program control either> allow >ask> or block> internet access:thumb:

Reaction score
itsme said:
Open ZA > program control either> allow >ask> or block> internet access:thumb:

tried that and in thoery msn and steam should be allowed to access internet and be trusted, yet still having same problem :(:(

Reaction score
Start>settings>control panel> security>disable windows firewall,
I have to go now good luck;)

Reaction score
Windows firewall has been off since i started with Za.... ah well thanks for your help i'll try and get to the bottom of it :)

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Dont know if this will help ??

1. Right click on network connections on the status bar (bottom )
2. click (x) view available network connections
3. x advanced settings
4. x advanced
5. x windows firewall settings
6. exeptions
7. then add or delete ?

any luck ??

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
well i hade this same problem last week and since i am crunching 24/7 i did not turn my system off. Then i needed to restart it to install a program and it would log in so have you tried to restart your system?? also try to disable you firewall and do the programs work when the firewall is turned off??

Reaction score
Rush said:
Dont know if this will help ??

1. Right click on network connections on the status bar (bottom )
2. click (x) view available network connections
3. x advanced settings
4. x advanced
5. x windows firewall settings
6. exeptions
7. then add or delete ?

any luck ??

couldnt find your exact the place that you specified, but all the places i have tried say windows firewall is off.

Reaction score
chelseafc2005 said:
well i hade this same problem last week and since i am crunching 24/7 i did not turn my system off. Then i needed to restart it to install a program and it would log in so have you tried to restart your system?? also try to disable you firewall and do the programs work when the firewall is turned off??

restarting has no effect and firewall is disabled but whether its turned on or off doesnt make alot of difference. still no luck :(

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
michael 118 said:
I would be interested in what you did ... and did you try and reverse it.

;)

Ask a Question